Civil war enters second year in Ethiopia

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.

Yesterday, Aljazeera reported that the federal troops seized the town of Alamata in Tigray.

But now there are reports that it was a trap set up the TPLF:

And next is this news:

Let's see if the fighting indeed intensifies.

AbdiGeedi

Crazy both countries might be going into Civil War hardcore
I wasn't expecting the events to go so quickly.

What raised my interest today was the fact that after successfully striking Asmara with missiles, TPLF announced that they had more missiles to strike any part of Ethiopia and Eritrea. And Abiy kept bombing Mekelle. I thought it was odd that TPLF is not responding to that. Maybe there will be indeed a really strong response from TPLF today or in the next few days?

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
I wonder how Ethiopian Christian nationalists are feeling in this instance. The two Christian core of the Horn are at each other's throat and this event will leave long lasting animosity between the two people.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Any chance this would end in genocide?
@xabashi EXPLAIN this embarrassment :damn:

What happened to your 2 week deadline, huh?? Now you're begging foreign mercenaries to fight alongside your defeated army :drakelaugh:
Abiy could be dead and she'd still be telling you he's the best ruler alive. Girl was speaking like that nigga was playing 7D chess and all his mistakes are part of a master plan when he doesn't even have anything under control.

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP

Abiy could be dead and she'd still be telling you he's the best ruler alive. Girl was speaking like that nigga was playing 7D chess and all his mistakes are part of a master plan when he doesn't even have anything under control.

It won't end in a genocide but Ethiopia the country is virtually finished. It will disintegrate.

I wonder how Ethiopian Christian nationalists are feeling in this instance. The two Christian core of the Horn are at each other's throat and this event will leave long lasting animosity between the two people.
There is nothing called Ethiopian Christian nationalists they only unite when the are fighting Somalis.

Apart from that they split into Amhara extremists or Tigray nationalists or Oromo christians.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
It won't end in a genocide but Ethiopia the country is virtually finished. It will disintegrate.
I don't know man, ethnic federalism and an ethnic militia sounds like a recipe for disaster. They're fighting a government as an ethnic front and chances are they'll be retaliated against heavily.

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
Genocide will happen indeed UAE has shifted the balance of power to Abye.

The constant bambardment of Tigray cities using UAE drones based in Asab Eritrea.

Crazy how even the kumbaya positive @xabashi is calling for Amhara land grabbing and ethnic cleansing of Tigrayans in those areas. Amhara are evil human beings

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I wasn't expecting the events to go so quickly.

What raised my interest today was the fact that after successfully striking Asmara with missiles, TPLF announced that they had more missiles to strike any part of Ethiopia and Eritrea. And Abiy kept bombing Mekelle. I thought it was odd that TPLF is not responding to that. Maybe there will be indeed a really strong response from TPLF today or in the next few days?

Their gonna need to open up another war front in Addis to distract them, sounds like Abiy is about to lower the boom with those UAE drones

Their gonna need to open up another war front in Addis to distract them, sounds like Abiy is about to lower the boom with those UAE drones

oh yea I forgot he gave them 3 days, that must be why barely anything happened since saturday. oh boy things are gonna get spicy

GemState

36/21
VIP

It's a guy lol

AbdiGeedi

If Abiy doesn't wrap up this offensive in a week or so, the situation might reach a point of no return as other international actors will get involved. The power vacuum in the US will have a negative effect as well. The EU is powerless as it is not a military bloc. China is unlikely to intervene covertly or overtly as it is not its modus operandi in international affairs. It leaves regional players like Egypt and Saudi Arabia as top dogs. The UAE is apparently already in the fight by working on the side of Afwerki/Abiy. I believe Russia and Turkey are very reluctant to step in as neither Ethiopia or Tigray has money to finance foreign involvement. E.g. the Azerbaijan-Armenia war cost around $30-50 millions per day for each side.

I think this is a Tigrayan message to get Turkey's attention as Erdogan acts as protector of Islam:

Turkey is already paying attention:

Ethiopia has presented the government of Turkey with explanations about what it described as law enforcement measures in Tigray regional state.

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ethiopia, Demeke Mekonnen, and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Turkey Mevlut Cavusoglu spoke over the phone Sunday regarding the ongoing operation in Tigray.

Demeke briefed his Turkish counterpart on the objectives of the federal government of Ethiopia in carrying out the current operation in Tigray, a statement by the ministry of foreign affairs said.

AbdiGeedi

Sudanese Researcher Salah Khalil estimates that the incumbent Ethiopian government eyes neither dialogue nor peaceful solutions. Rather, it prefers military operations in a bid to end the federal ruling system, and achieve the plans of Ahmed's Prosperity Party aiming for a central state.

So, when TPLF/Tigray crushed, it will be the end of the ethno federal system in Ethiopia. Not a good news for Somali and Oromo Regions.

Last edited:

Trending