Civil war enters second year in Ethiopia

reer

VIP
I hope this unnecessary war ends very soon.

PS: Is it really true that Meles Zenawi and Isaias Afwerki were related?
idk but they lived together.

Meles knew Somalia very well, as he lived in Mogadishu when he was a liberation leader in the 1980s. Meles and Eritrean leader Isayas Afewerki “lived together in a villa behind Tawfiq Hotel, north Mogadishu, and were handled by the National Security Service, provided with travel documents and Somali passports, trained and given a Tigrayan radio frequency”, a former senior Somali government official told IRIN.
https://www.thenewhumanitarian.org/fr/node/185675

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
I hope this unnecessary war ends very soon.

PS: Is it really true that Meles Zenawi and Isaias Afwerki were related?
Cousins :damedamn:

They are both cousins with a history, and became rivals.

Wikileaks diplomatic cable about Isayas:
" An Alleged Ethiopian Assassination Attempt: Isaias and Meles, brothers in arms during the 1980s, are now blood enemies. Why? In 1996, while returning from a vacation in Kenya, Isaias, his family, and his inner entourage stopped in Addis, where Meles offered to fly them back to Asmara in one of his aircraft. Isaias accepted the offer; en route the aircraft caught fire, but managed to turn back and land safely in Addis. According to someone who was on the aircraft, an infuriatdIsaias accuse eles to his face of trying to kill him and his family. Isaias has not trusted Meles since, according to this source."

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
OLA second in command and southern front leader Jal Golilcha has defected and surrendered to Gov't and is in Addis.

so much for the mighty Oromo controling kenyan corridor!

1632131668226.png

@Sheikh Kulkuli @Abba Sadacha

Jaal Golicha Denge used to be commander of southern OLA but he was replaced a few months ago by his former second in command Jaal Gamachu Aboye, who became the overall deputy leader of the OLA. He resigned/was forced out over the issue of allying with the TDF. This also means the southern OLA command is not defecting with him, this is just him and some loyalists.

I'm not sure if this will have a significant effect on the OLA, I mean he may have been a spy from the start. This reminds me of Talal Silo's defection from the SDF to the Turkish army, and I imagine will be similar (TV interviews about how awful OLF are, some embarrassment, followed by nothing changing).

CanoGeel

It may not be in our lifetime or even in this century but The Oromos will eventually conquer most of the Horn, not by sudden military conquest but by taking over land and swallowing up entire communities through expansion and assimilation mostly at snail's pace.

That's their only proven winning strategy in this millennium so why change it.

We are in the sequel of

Magno Oromo Expansion ad orientalem

1632196745015.png

It may not be in our lifetime or even in this century but The Oromos will eventually conquer most of the Horn, not by sudden military conquest but by taking over land and swallowing up entire communities through expansion and assimilation mostly at snail's pace.

That's their only proven winning strategy in this millennium so why change it.

We are in the sequel of

Magno Oromo Expansion ad orientalem

View attachment 201402

trying-not-to-laugh-laugh.gif

Ah, yes, the Oromo are the Borg and they're going to assimilate you all.

assimilate-star-trek.gif

CanoGeel

View attachment 201420

Ah, yes, the Oromo are the Borg and they're going to assimilate you all.

View attachment 201421
If Oromos engaged in any meaningful full scale wars against their rivals , they would be as Langaab as anyone in the neighborhood but sometimes bending the knee few light years for the eventual and eternal victory might be a worthy trade off.

4 D chess moves in this Shit

1632214896938.png

If Oromos engaged in any meaningful full scale wars against their rivals , they would be as Langaab as anyone in the neighborhood but sometimes bending the knee few light years for the eventual and eternal victory might be a worthy trade off.

4 D chess moves in this Shit

View attachment 201422
This is what I fear the most, the only way to counter the continued Oromo expansion is to unite and strengthen as Somalis.

That's the most logical option for us as Somalis, if by chance the Oromos can't be completely stopped we should assimilate them instead of them doing it to us.

Assimilating them effectively takes Somalis themselves putting their squabbles aside and having one mindset.

reer

VIP
This is what I fear the most, the only way to counter the continued Oromo expansion is to unite and strengthen as Somalis.

That's the most logical option for us as Somalis, if by chance the Oromos can't be completely stopped we should assimilate them instead of them doing it to us.

Assimilating them effectively takes Somalis themselves putting their squabbles aside and having one mindset.
oromos are divided and weak. the powers in the horn are historically somalis xabashis hararis and probably canfar.

reer

VIP
Yes, for now, but who knows what the future might bring. There is a possibility that they might unite one day and their numbers will certainly make them a force to be reckoned with.
they wont. christian oromos are amharified mentqlly colonized amhara. too many muslim oromos believe in pan oromism that they can break bread with amharified kuffar like @Abba Sadacha . amyway his people will not be free unless they drop that. more amhara colonization of oromos through their christian colonized agents while shouting oromuma aka oromo unity.

Trending