Christianity QUESTIONS

I don't know about Catholics but Mormons are basically the Ahmadis of Islam. Christians don't consider Mormons Christians just like we don't consider Ahmadis to be Muslims.

Apollo

VIP
Not really comparable.

But I'd say that Shias are organizationally more like Catholics. Quranists are similar to Protestants. Ahmadiyya are most like Mormons.

Sunnis are not like any major Christian sect when it comes to how it is organized.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Not really comparable.

But I'd say that Shias are organizationally more like Catholics. Quranists are similar to Protestants. Ahmadiyya are most like Mormons.

Sunnis are not like any major Christian sect when it comes to how it is organized.
With the Caliphate structure gone I'd argue Sunni Islam is most similar to Protestantism in it's outlook. Although Protestant christianity like Sunni islam is pretty diverse

Maximus

Lord Maximus
Are CATHOLICS basically the SUNNI’S of CHRISTIANITY? and are MORMONS the AHMADIYYA’S of CHRISTIANITY?
The Orthodox and catholic churches both believe in the same things with subtle changes in practices.

The only major difference is that orthodoxes don’t get commanded by the Pope.

The sunni and shia divide is merely political with slight changes in practices. Shias believe that they should be led by those descended from the prophet.

I’d say that Shias are like the catholics since they believe they should be led by respectable men descended from the prophet (imams) and that the last one is a certain ‘mahdi’ who will come before the day of judgment along with Jesus