Chinese researcher claims first gene-edited babies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samira

Illuminated Xalimo
https://apnews.com/4997bb7aa36c45449b488e19ac83e86d

HONG KONG (AP) — A Chinese researcher claims that he helped make the world’s first genetically edited babies — twin girls born this month whose DNA he said he altered with a powerful new tool capable of rewriting the very blueprint of life.

If true, it would be a profound leap of science and ethics.

A U.S. scientist said he took part in the work in China, but this kind of gene editing is banned in the United States because the DNA changes can pass to future generations and it risks harming other genes.

Many mainstream scientists think it’s too unsafe to try, and some denounced the Chinese report as human experimentation.

The researcher, He Jiankui of Shenzhen, said he altered embryos for seven couples during fertility treatments, with one pregnancy resulting thus far. He said his goal was not to cure or prevent an inherited disease, but to try to bestow a trait that few people naturally have — an ability to resist possible future infection with HIV, the AIDS virus.

He said the parents involved declined to be identified or interviewed, and he would not say where they live or where the work was done.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
There is no greater thrill than seeing others openly tamper with Allah's creation
We are only able to do what he allows. This isn't tampering. It is the next era of medicine.

I for one cannot wait to raise an army of super genius children to lead my clan. I will be the next Keenadiid.
:rejoice:

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
The west is against human genome editing because of ethical concern since changes made to the DNA will be passed down to future generation but who said east Asians give a f*ck. big ups to china for stepping up. this gene-editing technology can make you live longer, eliminate hereditary diseases, and even make you a superman.
I can't wait to alter my naturally weak human DNA

Oortcloud

Expert in jinn exorcism-jinni ceejiye
Just watched a video on imo of chinese solider torturing a naked uyghar Muslim his crime they found a copy of holy Quran in his home.

Allah had his time. Now it's ours.
All this shows is the asians are fed up of him fucking certain humans over. First they gotta divide us on wealth and now physical appearence! i say good for the chinese! show him and create some super long penises for yourselves to punish those self hating asian women.

Let this be the Era were humans all look the same and no one wants to know other races anymore.

slide_2.jpg

Samira

Illuminated Xalimo
All this shows is the asians are fed up of him fucking certain humans over. First they gotta divide us on wealth and now physical appearence! i say good for the chinese! show him and create some super long penises for yourselves to punish those self hating asian women.

Let this be the Era were humans all look the same and no one wants to know other races anymore.

slide_2.jpg

Very good! Once the African learns to hate God, to plot against His followers, to curse His Name day and night; then and only then will they gain finally for themselves the light of this world that Allah has decreed will never shine upon their raisin-heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts