China, Rwanda and Ethiopia have grown exponentially. Is authoritarianism the way of the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ethiopia-fastest-growing-economy.png

I believe Rwandas' government is better because they don't have to stress about compensating for ethnic division. https://www.ezega.com/News/NewsDeta...-Fastest-Growing-Economy-in-the-World-in-2017

Since we are going federal and keeping this 4.5 it's makes sense to have a system like the Swiss where it's a council of 7 gobols and No Presidents. Just 1 person out of the 7 get to parade around the world and represent Somalia for a single year. This way one caalol can't get too comfortable with countries and companies who don't have our best interests.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
Ethiopia-fastest-growing-economy.png

I believe Rwandas' government is better because they don't have to stress about compensating for ethnic division. https://www.ezega.com/News/NewsDeta...-Fastest-Growing-Economy-in-the-World-in-2017
economic growth is nice 8.3 percent but does it equate to more jobs? I don't know about Ethiopia but for India, it's not. Their growth is coming from the fact that companies are investing in technology to increase productivity. Their labor laws make it hard to fire people and so companies would rather use technology than human resources.

A benevolent authoritarian leader with a development mindset is absolutely critical.

Democracy is good as an eventual good, but the illiterate camel herders are not ready for democracy just yet. Sending Somalis off to democracy land is like sending a toddler off to university; not a good fit just yet. Yes, eventually the toddler should go to university and thrive, but he or she first needs to spend decades being socialized by his or her parents.

Think of a benevolent authoritarian leader as a kind but strict parent: he teaches his children good manners and decorum, and supervises their educations, making sure they're ready to become responsible, productive adults. That's what Lee Kuan Yew was to Sigapore, and Attaturk to Turkey, and Paul Kamae is to Rwanda now.

economic growth is nice 8.3 percent but does it equate to more jobs? I don't know about Ethiopia but for India, it's not. Their growth is coming from the fact that companies are investing in technology to increase productivity. Their labor laws make it hard to fire people and so companies would rather use technology than human resources.
That's very true. Ethiopia is focusing on intensive labor industries such as manufacturing and agroprocessing. As the gini coe. Points out, most of the growth in Ethiopia is evenly spread and does not only benefit the well off. If Ethiopia succeeds in its GTP II it will industrialize most major cities, it will create millions of jobs for the peoples of Ethiopia. The government is far from perfect, but there developmental mindset is second to none.

Status
Not open for further replies.