China and UAE might be cleaning DDSI gas in UAE for Export.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:damnmusic:

China visits UAE for the first time and the Emeratis award China the first ever gas plant to be built By China for China in UAE.

https://m.gulfnews.com/business/sectors/energy/uae-to-deepen-energy-partnership-with-china-1.2254444

A week or so later UAE invites Ethiopia and Eritrea to broker a peace deal in Dubai.

I’m not fond of conspiracies but, this smells fishy to me. It’s very rare for Dubai to allow another country to build an independent gas plant within their country. And after putting $3 Billion into Ethiopias central bank, two weeks later the PM of Ethiopia declares DDSI would get 5% shares.

I worked in oil and gas seen the pictures of the testing well, there’s absolutely no way on earth those 4 vessels and 5 wellheads can produce that amount of oil Ethiopia is claiming. Maskiin Habashis and Somalis actually believe the images from the test site are actually the production facility.

After ONLF karbashed Chinese contractors, the Chinese haven’t forgot about that day.

Is it possible that China will just run a pipeline without building a gas plant in DDSI, and just take raw gas from DDSI and transport it to Dubai for cleaning?
:damn:

UAE is bleeding money, tourism is down, two of their Top ten Private Equity firms went broke, the country is to construct billions of dollars worth of facilities for Expo 2020 and nobody is coming.

I don’t have all the facts to support my claim as the ink is still wet on the joint venture signed by UAE and China, but I thinks it’s fishy that Chinas first every visit to UAE was scheduled before Ethiopia and Eritrea peace talks, a week before oil shares were announced in DDSI.

It’s much cheaper for the first 10 years to export raw gas from DDSI, than it is to build upstream and downstream facilities in DDSI.

Maybe I’m just paranoid and need to stop following Dubai’s sinking economy.
:francis:

Last edited:

La Xawla

Long Live the Somali Republic
Seems like a reasonable conclusion to come to. The main topic of the meeting between China and UAE was about Adnoc and CNPC. The thing is, are they really going to build a pipeline to Assab. I'd love to see what Djibouti does about this.

Seems like a reasonable conclusion to come to. The main topic of the meeting between China and UAE was about Adnoc and CNPC. The thing is, are they really going to build a pipeline to Assab. I'd love to see what Djibouti does about this.

The meetings happened within 5 days of eachother.

Why is UAE allowing China to build a processing plant?

Is the UAE going broke? Are they tight on cash?

Or are they using it for processing stolen gas from other regions?

La Xawla

The meetings happened within 5 days of eachother.

Why is UAE allowing China to build a processing plant?

Is the UAE going broke? Are they tight on cash?

Or are they using it for processing stolen gas from other regions?
It is going broke. I assume it’s because of their costly involvement in Yemen. They’ve even started a tax this year if you haven’t heard (VAT). I don’t about Abu Dhabi’s oil reserves, I expect they have a decent amount left, but Dubai depends on tourism and its Jafza port. Tourism is down, but I guess not for long due to the recent agreements with China on visa related issues. Expect to see an uptick due to lots of Chinese tourists. So things are looking good, even better if what you said is true.

It is going broke. I assume it’s because of their costly involvement in Yemen. They’ve even started a tax this year if you haven’t heard (VAT). I don’t about Abu Dhabi’s oil reserves, I expect they have a decent amount left, but Dubai depends on tourism and its Jafza port. Tourism is down, but I guess not for long due to the recent agreements with China on visa related issues. Expect to see an uptick due to lots of Chinese tourists. So things are looking good, even better if what you said is true.

Dubai is done. The recession has already started.

The country is bleeding money

VIP

Where did you read that they're no longer exporting ogaden gas through djibouti? Lng terminal is already being built...

Exporting through asab isn't economically feasible, same way oil won't be when it's to comes time to export

La Xawla

Where did you read that they're no longer exporting ogaden gas through djibouti? Lng terminal is already being built...

Exporting through asab isn't economically feasible, same way oil won't be when it's to comes time to export
Aren’t Djibouti and Dubai beefing? Why do you think they’d bring both Eritrea and Ethiopia together if not for that very reason?

VIP
Aren’t Djibouti and Dubai beefing? Why do you think they’d bring both Eritrea and Ethiopia together if not for that very reason?

The gas deal is a done deal, there's no going back on it. China is the one buying all that gas and the ones building the terminal/pipeline so they can dictate which portal to use.

Ogaden is way too far from assab so economically wouldn't make sense . Both oil and gas are going through djibouti. Only other alternative would be berbera but i don't see that happening.

https://safety4sea.com/chinas-poly-gcl-djibouti-ink-agreement-for-lng-project/

La Xawla

The gas deal is a done deal, there's no going back on it. China is the one buying all that gas and the ones building the terminal/pipeline so they can dictate which portal to use.

Ogaden is way too far from assab so economically wouldn't make sense . Both oil and gas are going through djibouti. Only other alternative would be berbera but i don't see that happening.

https://safety4sea.com/chinas-poly-gcl-djibouti-ink-agreement-for-lng-project/
China built the Free Zone so I expect it to be put to some use. It is true Assab is too far to be economically feasible, but there’s something going on. China and UAE had an energy agreement, but why did they bring Eritrea into the fold? Confusing shit. Maybe as a backup plan?

VIP
China built the Free Zone so I expect it to be put to some use. It is true Assab is too far to be economically feasible, but there’s something going on. China and UAE had an energy agreement, but why did they bring Eritrea into the fold? Confusing shit. Maybe as a backup plan?

op didn't know a liquification plant/terminal deal was already struck with djibouti. Chinas deal with uae to build them plant has nothing to do with the horn of africa

La Xawla

op didn't know a liquification plant/terminal deal was already struck with djibouti. Chinas deal with uae to build them plant has nothing to do with the horn of africa
Looks like Djibouti has a solid future as long as IOG doesn’t fumble the ball

Oh that’s not the play here.

Their basically going to open a “Free Processing Zone” in Dubai to process other people’s fuels and sell it back to them.

Dubai is bleeding money and they’re looking at every option on the table for new revenue streams.

The separate pipeline to Asaab from Ethiopia will happen in the near future and it could tie into the South Sudan lines.

VIP
Oh that’s not the play here.

Their basically going to open a “Free Processing Zone” in Dubai to process other people’s fuels and sell it back to them.

Dubai is bleeding money and they’re looking at every option on the table for new revenue streams.

The separate pipeline to Asaab from Ethiopia will happen in the near future and it could tie into the South Sudan lines.

What region in ethiopia has gas other than ogaden? But i can see a south sudan- assab oil/gas pipeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts