Child Labor on rise in Somalia

Discussion in 'General' started by Manafesto, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Manafesto

Manafesto A madman does not lack wisdom.

Ratings:
    +1,673
    First of all I would love to thank both of my parents to not put me through child labor in Somalia, May Allah bless these kids and prosper their families and lift them up , Aamin.

It is working for not even dimes, It is shame that kids are put through all these responsibilities at a young age.

• Like Like x 3
  2. CaliSomali

CaliSomali Bow down bitches

Ratings:
    +5,459
    I'm not saying that this isn't terrible, but young girls are basically always forced into labor at a young age. When I went to Somalia, all the little girls, and I'm talking as young as 8-10 and even younger, stay inside all day doing difficult chores while their brothers run around playing outside.

Girls are always denied the chance to be children in Somalia. Only a few young orphan boys have to pick up the slack when it comes to household earnings. But as a whole, young men are by far much more privileged than young women in Somalia. Wallahi I thank God that I was born in America. Women live miserable lives in Somalia from a very early age and my heart weeps for some of the girls that I met long ago, who were mistreated by their mothers or some families that they worked for as maids. They are still in my prayers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Basra

Basra Like Donald Trump, I like to be Spanked. VIP

Ratings:
    +11,973

It will make them be a hard working father. Good for them. Childhood is over rated

• Qashin Qashin x 2
  4. Atoore Baadiye

Atoore Baadiye Garowe&Galkacyo Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +7,055
    Basra buur say Alhamdulilah you weren’t in the hot weather cleaning and bringing woods for the fire. All the baruur from you would’ve been out of the window had you grew up back home.

• Love Love x 1
  5. HalimaJ

HalimaJ

Ratings:
    +1,220
    I don't know if its still a thing now, but when my parents were growing up, the oldest girl usually didn't go school. She was expected to mother the children and do all the chores alongside her mother. Both of my aunts from my dad and mum side didn't get to go school. There education was sacrificed so that they can help their mothers look after their younger brothers and sisters.

Child labour has always been a thing. But now people want to talk about it because young boys are being stripped of their childhood and education.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Basra

Basra Like Donald Trump, I like to be Spanked. VIP

Ratings:
    +11,973

Alhamdhulilaah

7. TekNiKo

TekNiKo VIP

Ratings:
    +6,594
    Maids? So helping your own mother is being a maid!?!? You disgust me.

• Qashin Qashin x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. HalimaJ

HalimaJ

Ratings:
    +1,220
    You have reading comprehension issues. She said some girls who work as maids in other familiea are mistreated, not that helping your mum makes you maid.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm We pro xalimo all 2019 VIP

Ratings:
    +10,586
    Orphan girls do maid work as well in exchange for a place to sleep and some food.

Why are you disgusted?
    Wouldn’t you be frustrated if everyday 7 days a week all you did was chores.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Mercury

Mercury Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +13,907
    Waking up 4 am preparing breakfast cook and clean all day than repeat all of that to the end of the month to get 50 bucks

11. EDsomali

EDsomali

Ratings:
    +705
    Birth control stops things like this happening happening.

• Like Like x 1
  12. dragonsin

dragonsin

Ratings:
    +191
    This video says his mom is divorced.

So their father is deadbeat.

What a suprise

:francis:

• Like Like x 1
  13. kickz

kickz Engineer of Qandala

Ratings:
    +4,974
    I couldn't legally get a job in the US until I was 15, totally not fair :shookgabre:

14. zidane

zidane

Ratings:
    +407
    Any movement in Somalia that is not focused on uplifting the poor can get in the bin. This is something that affects everybody regardless of qabiil.

• Like Like x 1
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted