Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Assalamu’alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ
May the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah be with you

And to others, I greet you and say Hello.

Dear Somalispotters,

The only reason I have returned is for your advice. Now, indeed, I did say I will leave, and return later on, but the urgency of what I am going to say is very important. I am begging you, please do not derail the thread, since I am sincere about this. For those doubting my intentions or just generally doubting me, please avoid this thread, since I am not here to be mocked or ridiculed. I am asking you, my dear Somalispotters, out of Islaminimo (For those Atheists and other, in the name of humanity), I am asking you not to undermine me and my good intentions.

I have opened a Charity in Caabduwaq, under the guide and supervision of my dear brother called ~ Al Amana (Name in Arabic, which translate to Security/Peace). This is a charity which is for the orphans. We have just started off in Caabduwaq and on route and spread to other regions and cities once it starts functioning. It is a charity which invests in the people and also helps the orphans and provides security, a place to sleep and a education center. Since we are fairly new, the center has not been built, but we aim for by the end of this year to be able to at least provide something to the orphans and create a Dugsi and a mosque with a shelter or a house to live without fear and a mini hospital. I would aim for the Education Center to be open by 2021 inshallah. It is one dedication by me personally and others including family.

Also, whilst being away, I have been in contact with Qatar Charity. We have successfully been able to secure funding to build and open a new, state of the art hospital in Mogadishu and also upgrade hospitals in Galckayo and also Garowe. This would ensure of a support to the current issues and pains of somalis. We might not be able to do anything about security, but medical treatment is within our hand. 25 new ambulances have been ordered from a fellow country and 14 will go to the Aamin Ambulances. Others will be distributed within cities in Somalia. This plan will inshallah commence soon, and will help the people as quick as possible.

My personal aim is to continue supporting the the Elman Peace and Human Rights Center, wither by monetary or physical. The Rape center they opened is very good. But I want to open one, one which personally supports the victims and is able to comfort them without any stigma. I have seen firsthand what Somalis can do, and the abuse is prevalent by teachers, people with authority and even taxi drivers. I will put a change to that. But, that is one thing I need to understand is, what is with the attitudes of the people. Funding is not an issue, but the problem with the Elman one is the lack of people being aware nor willing to come out and tell their story. How to change that and make people aware, I know it takes a lot, but change is needed.

Also. I would like to ask about is, how can we maintain this progress within Somalia. All are yet to start, but the intentions are there. But, with all charity's, there is corruption. And attitudes with charity is "oh it is a scam" "nothing will be done". No, that will not be the case. But how can we change that and how can we be effective and useful as well.

Also, I would like to hear of any opinions from you all. Is it worth it?

I will oversee this personally after this semester ends, now, I am back to my daily life. Mogadishu and Somalia had taught me many things and now I am implementing my lessons.

For those who do not want the long read : Charity in Somalia. Opinions. Still at First Stages. Galkayo, Garowe, Mogadishu and Caabduwaq. New Rape center as well. Attitudes and what do you think of it. Please give opinion.

Thank You,
@Calaf

I await your responses.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Instead of spending money on these centres why don't you pay for the education of these orphans instead?

What good does a roof over your head do when you don't have a future?

The costs to build one centre could give hundreds of young people practical technical training they could use to earn an income within the short term.

Talk to the local business owners there and find out what the demand is for certain skills...

You don't need a doctorate degree to build a house, install solar panels, work with metal etc but you can still add value.

Imo giving orphans & rape victims that level of training is much more useful than food & a somewhere to sleep.

Plenty of others could take up that aid and within a year they won't even need that help if they have a decent income.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
yawn3.png
yawn3.png
k

Are you really tryna prove yourself to anonymous trolls? :farmajoyaab:

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Instead of spending money on these centres why don't you pay for the education of these orphans instead?

What good does a roof over your head do when you don't have a future?

The costs to build one centre could give hundreds of young people practical technical training they could use to earn an income within the short term.

Talk to the local business owners there and find out what the demand is for certain skills...

You don't need a doctorate degree to build a house, install solar panels, work with metal etc but you can still add value.

Imo giving orphans & rape victims that level of training is much more useful than food & a somewhere to sleep.

Plenty of others could take up that aid and within a year they won't even need that help if they have a decent income.
Beautiful Dear brother. Really good ideas.

For the centers , the issue is that, as you walk down certain roads, you see miskeen kids just sniffing that bottle, and when you ask them where is your parents, all are dead, or abandoned. We need somewhere to place them. I also do have the education center, but I cannot just build that in a night. It takes time.

Everything else was well said. I will see to that inshallah!

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Beautiful Dear brother. Really good ideas.

For the centers , the issue is that, as you walk down certain roads, you see miskeen kids just sniffing that bottle, and when you ask them where is your parents, all are dead, or abandoned. We need somewhere to place them. I also do have the education center, but I cannot just build that in a night. It takes time.

Why build when you can just lease some space for some time.

The hard part here isn't the space but the curriculum & finding the best way to do this. There are online solutions but there are some logistics issues here as well compatibility of the available resources.

BTW the reason why others in the community aren't sheltering these kids themselves is because they're also struggling to stay above water.

If you can help increase the overall wealth of the community you can kill two birds with one stone.

Those same technical training schools should be open to anyone.

That's why we'll need to figure out a way to lower costs per student.

However once you start producing high quality graduates there are plenty of ways to have it fund itself sustainably.

I.e. build it for just a thousand graduates & after 2 years you won't have to continue to fund it.

It could even produce an income for a charitable organization if it's structured in a certain way.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Why build when you can just lease some space for some time.

The hard part here isn't the space but the curriculum & finding the best way to do this. There are online solutions but there are some logistics issues here as well compatibility of the available resources.

BTW the reason why others in the community aren't sheltering these kids themselves is because they're also struggling to stay above water.

If you can help increase the overall wealth of the community you can kill two birds with one stone.

Those same technical training schools should be open to anyone.

That's why we'll need to figure out a way to lower costs per student.

However once you start producing high quality graduates there are plenty of ways to have it fund itself sustainable.

I.e. build it for just a thousand graduates & after 2 years you won't have to continue to fund it.

It could even produce an income for a charitable organization if it's structured in a certain way.
One way to think of it. The community is the starting point. So start low. We will develop as time go, but making it high quality

Corruption is a major question though!

Very good idea brother though, I appreciate the input. Thank You

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
One way to think of it. The community is the starting point. So start low. We will develop as time go, but making it high quality

Corruption is a major question though!

Very good idea brother though, I appreciate the input. Thank You

The existence of corruption has the same source as all the problems I already outlined.

Poverty in the community = smaller cake to split.

If you increase the cake through making the community richer you'll have less corruption because there'll be bigger & better opportunities to get richer.

It all comes back to poverty.

Solve that and you've solved most of our problems. Anyways g2run chat later.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
The existence of corruption has the same source as all the problems I already outlined.

Poverty in the community = smaller cake to split.

If you increase the cake through making the community richer you'll have less corruption because there'll be bigger & better opportunities to get richer.

It all comes back to poverty.

Solve that and you've solved most of our problems. Anyways g2run chat later.
The corruption is on a higher matter. Let say I leave it to the people, how do you think it will end.

Somalis and Deen go out of the window when it comes to money.

In a poor society, someone benefits. How to stop that general consensus.

tenor.gif

You cannot afford to even buy a chewing gum, yet I can build something for the people. Please talk to me once your on my level.
Woah, first you let a woman get raped second you mock me for my economic status.

You're not a good man in Allah's eyes.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Woah, first you let a woman get raped second you mock me for my economic status.

You're not a good man in Allah's eyes.
Oh piss off. Why are you even coming to this thread

By the looks of other threads, your a fornicator. Not Halal are you. So, you cannot be judging others, if you yourself is no shiekh.

Oh piss off. Why are you even coming to this thread

By the looks of other threads, your a fornicator. Not Halal are you. So, you cannot be judging others, if you yourself is no shiekh.
Was she screaming and wailing?
Did you just let her get her honor taken away like that.

Rape is a serious thing.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
She's forever scarred because you didn't help.
You're a bad man.
important. I am begging you, please do not derail the thread, since I am sincere about this. For those doubting my intentions or just generally doubting me, please avoid this thread, since I am not here to be mocked or ridiculed. I am asking you, my dear Somalispotters, out of Islaminimo (For those Atheists and other, in the name of humanity), I am asking you not to undermine me and my good intentions.

Just be quiet. @Sharmaarke, your just a typical incel. Hate on others. Piss off bro!

Last edited:

General Asad

And What Is Not There Is Always More Than There.
Charities and most organizations in general are corrupt. The will claim that the money you are donating is going to those in need, but it is actually going into their own pockets. U.N., Hillary Clinton Foundation ( stole money from Haiti earthquake victims and started a trafficking ring) and the Red cross are all notorious for this.

I have seen grown adults stealing money from the saddaqa box in the masjid. Very disheartening.

If you can, try to give the money to the individual (s). Its much more upfront and efficient.

Last edited:

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
The corruption is on a higher matter. Let say I leave it to the people, how do you think it will end.

Somalis and Deen go out of the window when it comes to money.

In a poor society, someone benefits. How to stop that general consensus.

Ever heard of the scarcity mindset concept?

The higher the prevalence of that mindset in a community the more likely the people there would be ok with screwing each other over to get their own.

However the richer a community is the less likely you'll see that behavior.

Everything is a zero sum game but in some places you'll get higher returns by providing value and being an upstanding economic citizen.

Unlike poorer places where there's more benefit in doing the opposite.

You change the incentive structure by changing their mindsets.

You do that by first creating a richer community.

By rich I don't mean 1st world rich.

Just get them all beyond the level where they have something to lose.

This is why nomads are less violent and corrupt than city dwellers in Somalia.

Most those urbanites don't have shit to loose so they'll be more likely to do whatever it takes to take themselves out of poverty.

If a nomad screws people they'll be likely to lose their livelihood & support of their clan.

Anyways my point is that you should focus on enriching the whole community instead of throwing bread crumbs at orphans who'll end up getting screwed later on regardless because of the general poverty of their community...

You have to take the bigger picture into account if you genuinely want to help.

If you just want to line your pockets or looking for clout then go do whatever you want.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Ever heard of the scarcity mindset concept?

The higher the prevalence of that mindset in a community the more likely the people there would be ok with screwing each other over to get their own.

However the richer a community is the less likely you'll see that behavior.

Everything is a zero sum game but in some places you'll get higher returns by providing value and being an upstanding economic citizen.

Unlike poorer places where there's more benefit in doing the opposite.

You change the incentive structure by changing their mindsets.

You do that by first creating a richer community.

By rich I don't mean 1st world rich.

Just get them all beyond the level where they have something to lose.

This is why nomads are less violent and corrupt than city dwellers in Somalia.

Most those urbanites don't have shit to loose so they'll be more likely to do whatever it takes to take themselves out of poverty.

If a nomad screws people they'll be likely to lose their livelihood & support of their clan.

Anyways my point is that you should focus on enriching the whole community instead of throwing bread crumbs at orphans who'll end up getting screwed later on regardless because of the general poverty of their community...

You have to take the bigger picture into account if you genuinely want to help.

If you just want to line your pockets or looking for clout then go do whatever you want.
Thank you dear brother for the input. I will promise you that I will take this onboard. Most are still at planning stage, but by enriching the people, you cut the middle man. One aspect I did not think of.

May Allah reward you for your input!

Trending

Latest posts