Charcoal trade killing Jubaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saalax Bidaar

Truthfulness so often goes with ruthlessness
I wouldn’t mind charcoal trade if they plant a new treee for each tree they burn. However, this practice of burning without Planting new ones is not sustainable. If you look at Google earth images of Kismaayo, it is pretty much a desert

saywalahi

Xamar Living
I wouldn’t mind charcoal trade if they plant a new treee for each tree they burn. However, this practice of burning without Planting new ones is not sustainable. If you look at Google earth images of Kismaayo, it is pretty much a desert
even planting new ones cant sustain a charcoal trade

trees unlike plants take longer to grow

in order to flip a profit from the charcoal trade your would be needing to cut a massive amount of trees, more than they can regrow.

most countries banned charcoal trade.

Not a sound from the state office as the trade is probably financing Madobe's hip replacement.

It’s one thing if it’s for domestic use since people actually need it for cooking and a complete other if it’s being exported.

Wood chips are great for composting and increasing the nutrition of the soil. When it being used to fuel a growing demand for Sheesha in the Arab world it will come at a grave cost to our environment and Agro sector

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
It’s one thing if it’s for domestic use since people actually need it for cooking and a complete other if it’s being exported.

Wood chips are great for composting and increasing the nutrition of the soil. When it being used to fuel a growing demand for Sheesha in the Arab world it will come at a grave cost to our environment and Agro sector

True but let's ignore the economical and ecological damage for a second.

The charcoal trade is funding the enemies of progress.

IMO it should be a bigger priority than most missions being carried out by SNA or anything else the gov is up to.

No point in destroying terrorist training camps every 6 months when they have plenty of revenue coming in to keep building them.

Kismayo area is already turning into Mudug i give it 2 more years till its barren. Then the former shababi will try to come to Gedo region for his trees/charcoal this is when all hell will brake loose.

The showdown is close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending