Century old Acacia tree burned to the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP

Anyone who has been to downtown Hargeisa is familiar with this tree. Very unfortunate it was burned to make a space for a poorly designed concrete building. This was not the first and surely will not be the last. During my last visit back home, I witnessed another tree, more than a century old which was a living monument of when Hargeisa was only a water point for humans and livestock around 1890's burned and chopped the same way. Both trees are gone now without a single tear shed for it.:meleshame:

Anyone who has been to downtown Hargeisa is familiar with this tree. Very unfortunate it was burned to make a space for a poorly designed concrete building. This was not the first and surely will not be the last. During my last visit back home, I witnessed another tree, more than a century old which was a living monument of when Hargeisa was only a water point for humans and livestock around 1890's burned and chopped the same way. Both trees are gone now without a single tear shed for it.:meleshame:
Wow I remember this tree when I went to Hargeisa for the first time. Absolutely shameful :snoop:

This disrespectful and shortsighted attitude towards nature is a wider Somali problem.

Somalis constantly disrespect Somalia's natural environment. It's almost like they're not actually from the land that they claim.
The only thing they value is their livestock but they don't seem to understand that livestock cannot survive without a thriving natural habitat.

:snoop:

Status
Not open for further replies.