Celebrating Al-Mawlid is a Bid'ah

Celebrating Al-Mawlid is a Bid'ah

"It is incumbent upon all Muslims to revive the Sunnah and put an end to Bid’ah (innovation); they should not perform any action until they know the ruling of Allah concerning it."

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Celebrating an event isn't a bid'a. Bid'a is innovation in theological and religion matters. Like how some Sufis innovate certain action that they thing it'll make them more colser to Allah. But celebrating, let's say the hijra, is not a religious thing. So this is false

Celebrating an event isn't a bid'a. Bid'a is innovation in theological and religion matters. Like how some Sufis innovate certain action that they thing it'll make them more colser to Allah. But celebrating, let's say the hijra, is not a religious thing. So this is false

you think Mawlid isn't a religious matter?

Did the sahaaba celebrate Mawlid?

Do we love Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) more than the sahaaba? The sahaaba didn't celebrate Mawlid. We don't need to either. If we love Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), then we should follow what he said and stay away from innovation.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
you think Mawlid isn't a religious matter?

Did the sahaaba celebrate Mawlid?

Do we love Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) more than the sahaaba? The sahaaba didn't celebrate Mawlid. We don't need to either. If we love Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), then we should follow what he said and stay away from innovation.
Oh God with the "did the sahaaba did that" questions. I think I made my point clear, we can do whatever we want as long as it doesn't change our theology and faith. Celebrating is not haram, did the sahaaba celebrated the conquest of Istanbul? No, but that doesn't mean we can't. We should examined if a thing oppose our religion or not, not if the sahaaba did it or not, if ppl stick to this wahaabi rigid and frozen mentality, we'd be still using camels to travel.

We are all innovators, has anyone here prayed taraweeh in jamaaca?.
The prophet scw actively discouraged people from it and used to pray alone.

Khalifa Umar saw some people praying and thought it was a good idea.

It only became a popular practice in the time of mucawiya.

So how do you explain this innovation?

I gave another question , are you following a Sunni madhab or a non Sunni one.

Those who claim to the title Salafi are mostly outside Al Sunna wa aljamaaca.
Your aqeeda is alien and downright shockingly primitive and nothing like the 3 aqeedas of ahlu Sunna .
i.e ashcari, maturifi and athari
And the 4 schools of law