Ceel Afweyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
This is the well the town is named after Ceel Afweyn (large mouth well).

19274783_10154455287392511_6264656080034925859_n.jpg

19113753_1336335549813275_3035973155217234167_n.jpg

Bohol

VIP
I didn't know that, my goal is to see all SY land Inshallah.

There is a fish processing factory in Xarshaw built by Mohamoud Boos (Ilma Boos)
which he supplies to most of Ceerigaabo and Sanaag. Most of the businesses in Oog
is also owned by SY such as the Sool Safari hotel. Likewise if you go to Ceel Afweyn
you will notice most of the restaurants, hotels, gas stations is owned by them lol. We
are business people in general.

There is a fish processing factory in Xarshaw built by Mohamoud Boos (Ilma Boos)
which he supplies to most of Ceerigaabo and Sanaag. Most of the businesses in Oog
is also owned by SY such as the Sool Safari hotel. Likewise if you go to Ceel Afweyn
you will notice most of the restaurants, hotels, gas stations is owned by them lol. We
are business people in general.
That is true, a lot of the businesses I saw in Oog last year was owned by SY. They are also increasing in Burco.

Since we are effective business people. Do you have any business ideas for our deegaans? :mjohreally:
Not yet, but something that will benefit all our deegaans so that people who want to be something else in life don't have to move to Hargeisa & Burco. :fittytousand:

Maybe Agriculture? Are there any suitable areas?

Bohol

VIP
Not yet, but something that will benefit all our deegaans so that people who want to be something else in life don't have to move to Hargeisa & Burco. :fittytousand:

Maybe Agriculture? Are there any suitable areas?

Yes that is what I am saying it is better to urbanize our people (every village should be made a big town). There is some SY areas
suitable for agriculture I will send you a map showing the different soil types in our deegaans so you will know what grows there
and what it is suitable for. This is a agriculture settlement owned by SY outside Ceel Afweyn 10 km called Badhigalis. We are diversifying our
lifestyle, some are fishers in Xarshaw, farmers in Badhigelis and camel herders in other areas. Farming is very important we can
feed our nomads without any outside assistance if we do it in big scale.

Even the mayor of Bohol owns farms in this area.

daawo khayraadka beeraha badhigelis

Last edited:
Yes that is what I am saying it is better to urbanize our people (every village should be made a big town). There is some SY areas
suitable for agriculture I will send you a map showing the different soil types in our deegaans so you will know what grows there
and what it is suitable for. This is a agriculture settlement owned by SY outside Ceel Afweyn 10 km called Badhigalis. We are diversifying our
lifestyle, some are fishers in Xarshaw, farmers in Badhigelis and camel herders in other areas. Farming is very important we can
feed our nomads without any outside assistance if we do it in big scale.

Even the mayor of Bohol owns farms in this area.

daawo khayraadka beeraha badhigelis
Yes this is very important. There are hardly any fruits and vegetables available in Oog, no fish or chicken either. We need to explore farming and develop our villages. Education and healthcare is also very important and lacking in our deegaans.

Bohol

VIP
Yes this is very important. There are hardly any fruits and vegetables available in Oog, no fish or chicken either. We need to explore farming and develop our villages. Education and healthcare is also very important and lacking in our deegaans.

There is a chicken farm owned by Mubarak Coldoon outside New Hargeisa so that concept is not new to us it just needs to be exported
to the deegaans back in Sool and Sanaag. Same goes for Sanaag they are adapting to eating a lot of fish (camels are no longer reliable
due to the abaar). Since we live in the west where tree seeds are cheap and easy to find, we can take that backhome with a bit of research
on how fast they grow. What do you think of planting yam (sweet potato) in the deegaans? it is a staple food popular in West Africa that
is why you rarely see a malnourished West African :lol: .

There is a chicken farm owned by Mubarak Coldoon outside New Hargeisa so that concept is not new to us it just needs to be exported
to the deegaans back in Sool and Sanaag. Same goes for Sanaag they are adapting to eating a lot of fish (camels are no longer reliable
due to the abaar). Since we live in the west where tree seeds are cheap and easy to find, we can take that backhome with a bit of research
on how fast they grow. What do you think of planting yam (sweet potato) in the deegaans? it is a staple food popular in West Africa that
is why you rarely see a malnourished West African :lol: .

He has done very well, he also exports chicken and eggs to Djibouti, but we need that in Sool and Sanaag also. Sweet potato actually used to grow in eastern Somaliland before, my mother used to eat as a child. No one really knew the health benefits so it was not popular to eat back then.

Bohol

VIP
He has done very well, he also exports chicken and eggs to Djibouti, but we need that in Sool and Sanaag also. Sweet potato actually used to grow in eastern Somaliland before, my mother used to eat as a child. No one really knew the health benefits so it was not popular to eat back then.

He is very trained in that field, i will have a word with him next time to introduce it to the deegaan. The reason why there is a lot of
droughts in the area is because they cut the trees for decades. Back in the days (100 years ago my great grandfathers time) there use
to be lions in the area and it was a bush :lol: , I believe the only way we can fight desertification and drought is planting thousand
of trees.

Check out this place called Dhanaan dheere 5 minutes south of Bohol town, it will be my next experiment on large scale plantations. I will turn the whole area into South Carolina plantations. :banderas:

Last edited:

Bohol

VIP
Soil types in the area.

Bohol area - 2S - Solonchaks and 2R - Regosols, Fluvisols Leptosols

Ceel Afweyn district - 2S - Solonchaks and 2aS (which is also Solonchaks).

SpTMB.png

UWHbS.png

KjnMa.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending