Career wife or Housewife

• Career wife

• Housewife

• Either

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomad2054

There is nothing permanent except change.
for the guys who voted for a career woman, how would you and the Misses share responsibilities when it comes to - Economics, Decision making, house chores, raising children etc....
and what do you expect each of you to contribute in these areas- rent, bills, vacation, shopping, food expenses, travel expenses, house furnishing and gifts.

for the guys who voted for a housewife, other than being the provider what would you contribute to the daily routine, would you give the misses a monthly allowance, and how much say would the wife have in the decision making.

for the women who aspire to be career wives the same questions apply and same for the housewives.

option Househusband. I wont mind staying home and doing chores and all much easier then 9am to 5pm drill. Stuff the Pride of being breadwinner, only guys who need their women to rely on them and worry, and talk shit sayin theyll earn it and have wifey stay home.

Biggie

X X C X X
Career wife and anyone that disagrees is a misogynystic sexist pig that suffers from toxic masculinity #genderequality #timesup:trumpsmirk:

Nomad2054

There is nothing permanent except change.
i would like a strong independent woman who is of my equal and who can raise me some strong daughters. when it comes to responsibilities i would allow a 60/40 split in my favour.
in Decision making i would also go for a 60/40 split in my favour:cool:, knowing women these numbers will only exist on paper and honestly i dont mind, as long i get to put my foot down once in a while.

in Economics 50/50 in most areas except for shopping, food expenses and gifts where i will gladly take the lions share.

Last edited:
I dont actually care about the Gender Equality shit as its all bullshit but i would be happy for a career wife as i dont want kids for a long time but if we do have kids i would like for her to take a two year sabbatical to raise that kid.

Career wife/Housewife inshaallah

So the first few years of the marriage we'll both be working
We're both adults so the cleaning/cooking aspect shouldn't be an issue, i'll cook when im home early and he can cook when he's not occupied. As for the finances i don't mind splitting the bills if there's a shortage in money however if he gets enough money to spend on the house then by all means he should go for it. In later years when we have children (4/5 years after marriage) then i would obviously stay at home to look after my children and he'd be the breadwinner, until the kids are old enough

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
careerwife or housewife thats up to her

If she wants to work than by all means do so Whoever gets home first starts preparing dinner as for household chores we both Will do them since were adults were gonna clean After ourselves

Well pay the bills 50/50 and have a budget

I plan on being in my career after having kids. The trick is planning efficiently. We both have 9-5, so our children will be in either school or daycare. Weeknights will be for homework help and family dinner. Weekends is leisure activities as a family. Being a housewife is outdated in this expensive capitalistic life. Rather my children be afforded the best (private schools, trust fund etc) then growing up poor :kanyeshrug:

Happy_

Laa ta aamin nin wa law kaana ninkaaga- bom!
Housemanger. I'll take care of anything... and I mean anything :fittytousand:... food, kids, my husband iyo financeka:yacadiim::dabcasar::siilaanyolaugh::trumpsmirk:

Emily

๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ
VIP
It looks like I am gonna be a career wife, Washington is too expensive for one income. Who ever comes home first cooks. We will both do the housework.

Islamically it's wajib on the man to bring in the money and not on the women. And if she does bring money, she's free to do what she wants with it.

Majority of Somali girls who work are gonna use this loophole to not pay any bills (she has the right to do so) and will say the well known mantra, "what's his is mine and what's mine is mine". But at the same time she will want a 50/50 split on housework without contributing any income/value to the family.

I don't see careerwife as ideal for Muslims.

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah taโ€™aala is always in our favor.
You can work as a woman, but as soon as youโ€™re getting kids I believe you should stay at home for at least a year or two. Working part time later on shouldnโ€™t be a problem. You canโ€™t be career focused as a woman when you have children. How are you able to bond with your kid? Which is so important especially in the beginning.

Single mothers with dead beat โ€œfathersโ€ is a different case ofc.

Last edited:

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
I'm sorry but I'm not working after my 2nd kid inshallah I'm aiming for as many as my mum did and inshallah more. What do you think i am to be a full time mother working with young kids why do I have husband for. God no ill work whilst I'm young and have qualifications so use it when I need but in my 30s working nah mate. Allah gave us all our main priorities and I'm going to milk it proudly I ain't working it's his responsibility I'll just shoot out the kids inshallah :ayaanswag:
Then again I can't cook or clean right now but I'll learn later :damedamn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts