Career Path

alien

📍outer space
VIP
I'm 15. My parents always told me to become a doctor. I always wanted to also but in the last year I realised I'm good at this subject at my school called DVC (which is design). This subject is used for architecture. I'm considering becoming an architectural designer.

Do you think this is a good job career. I'm debating. I dont mind becoming a doctor and I could defininly become one but I also want to become an architect or a designer.

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
Do what makes you happy but also do something that will make sure you’re financially stable. A job will always feel like a job no matter how much you love the subject. Get a good job and have hobbies you like on the side! InshaAllah you’ll be okay :rejoice:

I'm 15. My parents always told me to become a doctor. I always wanted to also but in the last year I realised I'm good at this subject at my school called DVC (which is design). This subject is used for architecture. I'm considering becoming an architectural designer.

Do you think this is a good job career. I'm debating. I dont mind becoming a doctor and I could defininly become one but I also want to become an architect or a designer.
Yes, it’s a great career. Medicine is gruelling and you have to constantly reaffirm why you’re in it. If you don’t like it, then go into something else. Being an Architect is wonderful.

just follow a career path that you know will make you money. if i was you rn i would focus on being financially literate. you won’t go broke

The demand for architects has been declining plus the pay isn't that good. It takes about 5-10 years before architects start making decent money.
And with the rise of automation and AI architects at the risk of extinction. A lot of architects have been going into software development :icon lol: .

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
I’ve heard that architecture is a difficult industry to break into and it can be quite classist. Whereas in most countries medicine is quite egalitarian/straight forward because there’s an established govt level health care sector.

You should research both and try and speak to people who also work in these fields ( Somalis/black if you can as they’ll share a similar experience to you).
You should ask them questions like if they think that the career progression is relatively fair or if there is a lot of nepotism. What the starting salary is and how much you can expect it to increase by each year. If there is a defined career path, what obstacles prevent people from reaching the very top.

good luck.

Trending