Can't cook

Anisah The Serpent

☼ The sun is alone but it still shines ☼
I was only taught how to cook basic things, and since it's pretty much a requirement in marriage, will I be rejected from my partners family in the future? or even by my own? (I'm not actually married by the way.):damsel:

Cartman

reformed
If you really are a lost cause turn to Rachel Rae and cadaan cooking or become a raw vegan and eat bananas and say you don’t cook because it’s a lifestyle. :damsel:

SOMALIKNIGHT

Golan Heights belong to Syria
It is 2021. There is YouTube. The women in previous generations had to watch their mothers and participate in meal preparation. There is zero excuse for women to not know how to cook when they have millions of videos to show them how, including hundreds of Somali recipe videos. This generation of women must be much better than their mothers in cooking skills because there is a variety of foods to choose from from all countries.

Bruh. It's 2021. Use a cookbook. The internet. Cooking shows. I've even heard that the men of the 21st century COOK for their families now. Men can cook! It's amazing! Find you a husband that can cook.

Cartman

reformed
It is 2021. There is YouTube. The women in previous generations had to watch their mothers and participate in meal preparation. There is zero excuse for women to not know how to cook when they have millions of videos to show them how, including hundreds of Somali recipe videos. This generation of women must be much better than their mothers in cooking skills because there is a variety of foods to choose from from all countries.
Exactly why men must be good at fixing cars plumbing and anything having to do with repair. I don’t want to see any Chad faraax buying a house, WARYA FUCKING BUILD IT. You want a toilet, go to the sewers and connect that little illegally. I expect no one to bring down their masculinity of fixing stuff as there is youtube and a first aid kit at every gas station :rejoice::fittytousand:

greenvegetables

halal and earthy
First I recommend spending time with your matriarchs in the kitchen. Insha'Allah your mom, aunt, grandma, neighbor, etc can show you basics in the kitchen like how to store food, veggie and meat preparation, cleaning, etc. Don't be afraid to take notes or write down recipes. Learn how to make practical basics like breakfast foods, pasta, brownies, etc on youtube. Then you should get a heritage cookbook. Here's a few https://cuisinen.com/somali-cookbooks/

While you're working through a cookbook, don't be afraid to watch youtube videos or call your mom or grandma if you don't understand something. Next it would be time for you to venture off on your own in the kitchen. Recreate the foods you love the most like takeout food in your kitchen with accessible, healthier ingredients. Like baked chickpea samosas for example instead of fried takeout ones.

My greatest advice: invest in a good pressure cooker and sheet pan set. Look on pinterest for one pot and one pan recipes. You'll just be prepping ingredients then they cook together without complication and dinner is served easily.

Also don't lie to your husband. Let him know you're still learning but are working hard to catchup for his sake and he'll appreciate you even more insha'Allah

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
I was only taught how to cook basic things, and since it's pretty much a requirement in marriage, will I be rejected from my partners family in the future? or even by my own? (I'm not actually married by the way.):damsel:

41P7w+2sv-L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

There is always time to learn. These days I have been trying to organise how I should start learning to cook and bake stuff (I’m decent in making pastries, but want to learn more). I think ramadhan will be my cooking-exam, if that makes sense.

Xaruun

VIP
If you can’t cook then you’re cancelled. Even men are expected to be able to cook nowadays. It’s a basic life skill.

dr.leorio

death\emitter
I actually cut off a Xalimo last week after she told me she didn't know how to cook. No man worth his salt wants a wife who doesn't know the basics.

And lets be honest, no normal Somali man will want to cook for you everyday. Some of you people on this site are straight up delusional

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
All a man want is a hot plate after a whole days of grinding in the sweat of one own face.

No buuq, no drama, no manipulation. Just silence. And a hot plate of delicious food. Period.

Trending