Can you give examples of Somali cultural values and honour? Which is your favourite?

Proud Somali..?

• Yes, Somali all the way

Votes: 27 90.0%
  • No, I hate being Somali

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
:vanlf9a:
Examples like hospitality, mannerism, food,deen ,folk dancing,poetry etc..
Positive stuff please
If you put politics and race to one side
What do you like about Somalinimo/Somali culture

I love that we have such strong family bonds in our culture. unlike other people, we don't let our family(even distant) down. you always have someone in difficult times:it0tdo8:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
I like the concept of blood money and how it collectively punishes the entire clan when one member steps out of line and commits murder. This makes people watch the loose cannons to prevent them from causing trouble for everyone.

I think it is cool that the clan raises money from people who had nothing to do with it and people actually pay. It is something that I can never see happening in the west.

Muji

VIP
I like the concept of blood money and how it collectively punishes the entire clan when one member steps out of line and commits murder. This makes people watch the loose cannons to prevent them from causing trouble for everyone.

I think it is cool that the clan raises money from people who had nothing to do with it and people actually pay. It is something that I can never see happening in the west.

That’s one way of looking at it.

However, when the tribe can’t afford to pay up random members of a tribe are targeted and threatened, some are even killed. Being punished for someone else’s behaviour seems really unfair. I definitely wouldn’t want this to happen in the West.

Last edited:

Indha adeeg

Ogadenist
My favourite thing aside from the hospitality is the sense of humor and political incorrectness. My uncles name is sanweyne and a friend of mine’s nickname is Umar handhikab. Imagine giving white people nicknames like ‘leggy’ or ‘limp wrist’.

Can't call this a value or something but I'm still gonna add this. I have a theory

We seem to have telepathic relationship among us. I can always spot a somali among a crowd, even among other africans.

Indha adeeg

Ogadenist
Can't call this a value or something but I'm still gonna add this. I have a theory

We seem to have telepathic relationship among us. I can always spot a somali among a crowd, even among other africans.
Lol that’s true. And I can also pick out a Somali in a crowd of Ethiopians and Eritreans unless they’re Ogaden
:bell:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP

Have you ever considered that you might not have telepathy and we just look different?
:browtf:

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words
I love that we have such strong family bonds in our culture. unlike other people, we don't let our family(even distant) down. you always have someone in difficult times:it0tdo8:

The Somali culture is rotten to the core. What family bond are you talking about? Wiil iyo Abtigiis have been killing each other since the first day.
Somali food is almost dead the only thing left is poetry. I feel bad for my people.

The Somali culture is rotten to the core. What family bond are you talking about? Wiil iyo Abtigiis have been killing each other since the first day.
Somali food is almost dead the only thing left is poetry. I feel bad for my people.
I SAID NO NEGATIVE JALLE AFRAAXO
I THOUGHT YOU LIKED SOMALI FOOD WARYA
T_T
T_T

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I like the hospitality aspect guests would get better food than Me Id be lucky if some good sambuuso or cake was left over

lol I could do a list of things I dont like But thats not worth posting here no negative

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words
I like the hospitality aspect guests would get better food than Me Id be lucky if some good sambuuso or cake was left over

lol I could do a list of things I dont like But thats not worth posting here no negative

It is fucking Sambuus, "sambuusa" is how the sjw twitter xaliimoos spell it

BirtaanJabin

DalJecel the DhafoorQiiq
VIP
Somali Iskuu Duubnaan comes out in everyone.
One thing I've heard of that i love is.
Siyaasad Labo walaalo bey kala kaxeeysa laakin dhiig labo Dad ayay isku keentaa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending