Can Farmaajo's Government Be Trusted With Somalia's Oil?

Can Farmaajo's Government Be Trusted With Somalia's Oil?

• YES!

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • NO!

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • IDK

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the dispute with Kenya is over! The next question is what's ganna happen with the oil?
At this point the oil is ganna have to come out eventually however I don't know if Farmaajo government can be trusted to handle the oil in a way that benefits all somalis! Hell can any Somali be trusted to not f*ck this up? What are your thoughts on this?

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
oil will be obsolete quit soon so Somalia will not making shit ton of money!

Not so fast brother, oil dependence will be with us for a long time to come, no need to worry about it losing its value, and besides the world will shift to natural gas, which we still have in abundance. The future for our country is bright :)

Oil will take billions of dollars and years. I doubt Somalia will extract oil for the next 10-20 years.

That's what a lot of people don't seem to understand. Oil & gas fields are very expensive to set up, the entire transportation infrastructure needs an upgrade.

Offshore oil like in Jubaland the majority of the revenue 55% goes to FGS. However onshore oil like in Sool over half of the oil will end up in the federal member state. All other federal states will share 10 - 20% of the oil revenues & 70% of local community development allocations.

It's clear FGS will have the most stake that is why we must make sure terms of agreement with foreign oil companies are in our favor. What's the point of oil if 90% is taken by the oil company extracting it?

1634112842375.png

Offshore oil like in Jubaland the majority of the revenue 55% goes to FGS. However onshore oil like in Sool over half of the oil will end up in the federal member state. All other federal states will share 10 - 20% of the oil revenues & 70% of local community development allocations.

It's clear FGS will have the most stake that is why we must make sure terms of agreement with foreign oil companies are in our favor. What's the point of oil if 90% is taken by the oil company extracting it?

View attachment 203722
What regions have a lot of oil onshore?

@Kheyre

Almost all of Somalia's oil onshore or off-shore such as the one between Kenya and Somalia near Jubaland is based on presumption and not based on realistic facts of Oil really being found there, the only place found to have a real Oil in Somalia is in Galmudug Onshore in Galinsoor area and Offshore outside Hobyo area, so most likely place 100% to be drilled will be in Galmudug's Basin;

Read Below with Pictures about the Oil leaking from Hobyo's offshore and Onshore near Galinsoor and Wisil areas:
1634113797246.png

1634114063154.png

Last edited:
What regions have a lot of oil onshore?

So far Sool have the most oil in Nugaal basin which starts from Sool and ends in Nugaal region. But there are also smaller traps in Woqooyi Galbeed (Berbera) Togdheer (Oodweyne) Sool (Caynaba)

Bari has its own basin called Dahoor that could contain oil.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
I’m not in a sharing mood. Our regions have been historically neglected and the recent FGS has been antagonistic towards us.

We can’t trust the FGS but good luck to those that can. I hope you prosper lin your relationship.

Since the dispute with Kenya is over! The next question is what's ganna happen with the oil?
At this point the oil is ganna have to come out eventually however I don't know if Farmaajo government can be trusted to handle the oil in a way that benefits all somalis! Hell can any Somali be trusted to not f*ck this up? What are your thoughts on this?
How is the despute over when Kenya took 30% share?

reer

VIP
So far Sool have the most oil in Nugaal basin which starts from Sool and ends in Nugaal region. But there are also smaller traps in Woqooyi Galbeed (Berbera) Togdheer (Oodweyne) Sool (Caynaba)

Bari has its own basin called Dahoor that could contain oil.
also the mandera-luuq basin covering parts of gedo nfd iyo ddsi.

131918_5a838ab414d54cfbbd73.jpg

taipanjuly81.jpg

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP

View attachment 203722
It should shared like this District 50% > region 30%> federal region state 15% > federal 5% government

there should not be a category of "non producing state" whatever the federal government gets goes into national coffers and can be accessed through applying for it. I mean it sucks for those districts and regions that cannot produce oil and even agricultural products, they will be dependent on the FGS which they hate so much lol

reer

VIP
It should shared like this District > region > federal region state > federal government

there should not be a category of "non producing state" whatever the federal government gets goes into national coffers and can be accessed through applying for it.
the only way for both gobol and caasimad to develop at the same rate in somalia is oil. otherwise we will be like countries that have a little revenue only enough for a capital and a few cities. it will take decades to balance gobol iyo caasimad.

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
the only way for both gobol and caasimad to develop at the same rate in somalia is oil. otherwise we will be like countries that have a little revenue only enough for a capital and a few cities. it will take decades to balance gobol iyo caasimad.
I want the capital to have certain privileges as its the window into the country and the seat of the FGS, but I also don't want the gobols and districts outside of the capital to be ignored as they pretty much have been in previous governments.

The way to avoid the bureaucratic isbaaro in the capital is decentralization of power, via federalism, but it should not stop at the federal region but contineu to the gobols and districts.

reer

VIP
I want the capital to have certain privileges as its the window into the country and the seat of the FGS, but I also don't want the gobols and districts outside of the capital to be ignored as they pretty much have been in previous governments.

The way to avoid the bureaucratic isbaaro in the capital is decentralization of power, via federalism, but it should not stop at the federal region but contineu to the gobols and districts.
i agree. so overdose on bureaucracy --> incompetence --> radical coup --> dictatorship. :banderas:

It should shared like this District 50% > region 30%> federal region state 15% > federal 5% government

there should not be a category of "non producing state" whatever the federal government gets goes into national coffers and can be accessed through applying for it. I mean it sucks for those districts and regions that cannot produce oil and even agricultural products, they will be dependent on the FGS which they hate so much lol

50% for district alone will give half revenue to Kismayo, Badhaade & Jamaam districts by far the largest being Ksimayo. What are going to build there another Burj Khalifa?

That's not an equitable share. 10 & 20% are more than enough for district, the state will get 30% so it can balances with other districts within it's jurisdiction that has no sea access and the rest goes to FGS & FMS. You're talking about 200k people per district awarding them 50% is too disproportional. At the end of the day Jubaland is part of Somalia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts