Cal Madow is so pretty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

i always thought somalia was a giant dry desert (other then some of the bantu regions in the south)

why does it look like this here? is it possible for the rest of somalia to look like this or does the climate not allow it. i was thinking something like what isreal did

@Kaleel didnt know where to put this so i apologize if it is in the wrong section.

also subscribe to his channel, his videos are GOLD.

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
I'd love to try and live near there for a while on a tiny farm as a hermit in total recluse. Only make a run into town once in a while. :wow:

Apollo

VIP
On Google Earth that mountainous area of Northern Somalia is actually greener than the greenest part of the South, but the area is obviously smaller. Outside of those mountainous peaks, the North is arid.

yuusufdiin

child of afgooye
why does it look like this here? is it possible for the rest of somalia to look like this or does the climate not allow it. i was thinking something like what isreal did
somalia can look way better, most of the dry land in somalia consists of eroded soil which can easily be fixed, we're not even as close to as dry as israel or other countries in the middle east

Only the North East most of Somalia (around Bosaso) is true desert (less than 100 mm annual rainfall). The rest of Somalia is mostly semi-arid. Some regions, such as parts of Mudug and Galguduud, can be classified either way. These regions have annual rainfall of less than 250 mm. Any rainfall greater than 300 mm per annum is suitable for dryland farming. But the problem with Somalia is the extremely low productivity levels. You can have the most lush, fertile land in the world but if you're not that productive with it, you'll forever been hunger and poor.

It's time Somalis stop thinking in land size and quality but start thinking about the quality of human utilization of the land. Instead of thinking of total livestock headcount, think of milk/meat yield per livestock or yield per hectare.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Only the North East most of Somalia (around Bosaso) is true desert (less than 100 mm annual rainfall). The rest of Somalia is mostly semi-arid. Some regions, such as parts of Mudug and Galguduud, can be classified either way. These regions have annual rainfall of less than 250 mm. Any rainfall greater than 300 mm per annum is suitable for dryland farming. But the problem with Somalia is the extremely low productivity levels. You can have the most lush, fertile land in the world but if you're not that productive with it, you'll forever been hunger and poor.

It's time Somalis stop thinking in land size and quality but start thinking about the quality of human utilization of the land. Instead of thinking of total livestock headcount, think of milk/meat yield per livestock or yield per hectare.

Sax.

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
daalo looks nice, but calmadow is on another level, stretches from ceerigabo all the way to bari with breathtaking lush scenery

i went badhan state part of the mountain range and the daallo one too, the daallo one looks much better because its much taller so more space for trees and stuff to grow

On Google Earth that mountainous area of Northern Somalia is actually greener than the greenest part of the South, but the area is obviously smaller. Outside of those mountainous peaks, the North is arid.

I am from the south i really want the north to stay that way lets hope the damm nomads dont come and wreck those lands !

Honestly if Israel can do it, so can we. Hopefully we follow what Israel did and can have a more green landscape. I hate how dusty it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending