Bussiness ideas in somalia

my family owns a piece of land in garowe and is planning on building a really nice restaurant but im rlly hesitant because restaurants have low profit margin meaning i will be making barely any money because i still have to pay for the expenses of the restaurant. Also does garowe have fertile soil where i can start some sort of farming/ livestock bussiness?. can yall give me bussiness ideas. The real estate market in somalia is becoming really saturated right now.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
my family owns a piece of land in garowe and is planning on building a really nice restaurant but im rlly hesitant because restaurants have low profit margin meaning i will be making barely any money because i still have to pay for the expenses of the restaurant. Also does garowe have fertile soil where i can start some sort of farming/ livestock bussiness?. can yall give me bussiness ideas. The real estate market in somalia is becoming really saturated right now.

Glad that you're thinking it through properly.

The market for restaurants is overbuilt. Maybe you could turn the place into residential units designed for Airbnb instead of a standard 30by30 or 60by60 home.

Then again most people that visit Garowe have a place to stay so hotel demand is limited.

Look at where the demand is. Maybe you could use the space to for other types of businesses like building a simple light manufacturing space with consistent power to lease out.

Glad that you're thinking it through properly.

The market for restaurants is overbuilt. Maybe you could turn the place into residential units designed for Airbnb instead of a standard 30by30 or 60by60 home.

Then again most people that visit Garowe have a place to stay so hotel demand is limited.

Look at where the demand is. Maybe you could use the space to for other types of businesses like building a simple light manufacturing space with consistent power to lease out.
wouldn't the budget for those ideas be rlly high also i dont live in somalia rn so im unaware of the demands. but i do know my lands value are sky rocketing right now. i was gonna buy another peice of land but i decided to diversify my portfolio. i was gonna do maybe farming because 70% of somalia gdp derives from farming and livestock. if my farming works out then i'll proceed to build the restaurant using my own resources. but heres the thing does garowe have fertile soil.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
no more than 150k
It would depend on location, surrounding businesses etc. The possibilities are endless. The route I would take would depend on the size of the land and if it's in a business area, residential or outside town.

You guys have to be more creative, thereโ€™s countless restaurants. But i donโ€™t know about the profitability.
yea but heres the thing i was going to make a nice ass restaurant. its going to be built by a foreign company but the expense will always be more than my profit. Lmao. its looking hopeless.

yea but heres the thing i was going to make a nice ass restaurant. its going to be built by a foreign company but the expense will always be more than my profit. Lmao. its looking hopeless.
You could maje different cuisin, thereโ€™s a yemeni restaurant in Garowe which makes delicious food, very popular. Be creative on the food. Maybe some pastry, cakes and biscuits.

You could maje different cuisin, thereโ€™s a yemeni restaurant in Garowe which makes delicious food, very popular. Be creative on the food. Maybe some pastry, cakes and biscuits.
yea, but no matter how successful the restaurant is i won't be making back the money I spent for like 10 years. it has low profit margin. what about farmland(crops and livestock).is the soil fertile in garowe i deadass have no clue im just asking around.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
yea, but no matter how successful the restaurant is i won't be making back the money I spent for like 10 years. it has low profit margin. what about farmland(crops and livestock).is the soil fertile in garowe i deadass have no clue im just asking around.
Garowe is suitable for fruit trees with low water footprint. So you need to do your research and see what's already grown there. I've seen papaya and citrus trees. I think you should create an entertainment center. Table tennis, pool tables, FPS games (host tournaments), bowling alley and a large cafe (sandwiches and drinks). Something along those lines.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
wouldn't the budget for those ideas be rlly high also i dont live in somalia rn so im unaware of the demands. but i do know my lands value are sky rocketing right now. i was gonna buy another peice of land but i decided to diversify my portfolio. i was gonna do maybe farming because 70% of somalia gdp derives from farming and livestock. if my farming works out then i'll proceed to build the restaurant using my own resources. but heres the thing does garowe have fertile soil.

Not really. You could build out a cheap warehouse with power installed, large gates and lease that out to tenants that would build out the rest.

Farming might work but you have to keep in mind that surface water resources are already controlled by others. You could build a well but that's going to increase your costs.

If you do have access to water on a new piece of farmland then I'd recommend going into cultivating livestock feed.

Use it to fatten livestock with your own grain or buy it locally. Garowe is a center for livestock distribution so it's the best place for it.

Growing food for people might not be as profitable... Restaurant market is saturated like I mentioned... Supplying your own food will help with margins but don't expect to get rich from it... even it you're targeting the higher end market. Somalia is still caajo unfortunately.

Go there first and see what's needed . Restaurants can be successful in the right location. You'll make more money by catering to the diasporas who will be visiting

Garowe is suitable for fruit trees with low water footprint. So you need to do your research and see what's already grown there. I've seen papaya and citrus trees. I think you should create an entertainment center. Table tennis, pool tables, FPS games (host tournaments), bowling alley and a large cafe (sandwiches and drinks). Something along those lines.
Ninyaho you
Stealing my idea eh
except mine will be a pool hall with tournaments.
shisha will be available for the tobacco feigns .
I'll send you an invite for the grand opening

Not really. You could build out a cheap warehouse with power installed, large gates and lease that out to tenants that would build out the rest.

Farming might work but you have to keep in mind that surface water resources are already controlled by others. You could build a well but that's going to increase your costs.

If you do have access to water on a new piece of farmland then I'd recommend going into cultivating livestock feed.

Use it to fatten livestock with your own grain or buy it locally. Garowe is a center for livestock distribution so it's the best place for it.

Growing food for people might not be as profitable... Restaurant market is saturated like I mentioned... Supplying your own food will help with margins but don't expect to get rich from it... even it you're targeting the higher end market. Somalia is still caajo unfortunately.
yea do you think the entertainment center and table tennis is profitable like the guy above metioned. i don't see how an entertainment business in Somalia would succeed rn. also warehouse thing you mentioned seems like it high profit margin or atleast from the way i see it. so i would just have to buy a utility battery storage and lease out to neighbors but where do you think is the most profitable.

yo the energy storage thing, seems to be a thing already in somalia.

Trending