Busiest airports in Africa (look where for Somalia's data)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Beja any latest figures for Khartoum too? For 2009 wikipedia says 2.1 million
It could be anywhere from 3-5 million, I doubt more passengers could be serviced considering how small the airport is.

A new airport was proposed years ago but there aren't any updates on construction.
khartoum01-829x421.jpg

I really hope it's complete soon, considering how tiny and inconvenient the current airport is....

It could be anywhere from 3-5 million, I doubt more passengers could be serviced considering how small the airport is.

A new airport was proposed years ago but there aren't any updates on construction.
khartoum01-829x421.jpg

I really hope it's complete soon, considering how tiny and inconvenient the current airport is....
I see, the latest figure shown for Khartoum airport said the number of passengers per year is decreasing, why?

I see, the latest figure shown for Khartoum airport said the number of passengers per year is decreasing, why?
It could be due to the fact that fewer European airlines are flying directly to Khartoum. Since the 1950s Europeans would often use Khartoum as a layover to South Africa/Australia; even in the 50s Sudan was the only African/Muslim country to own a line at the Heathrow airport. Due to the corrupt government and US sanctions (which will hopefully be permanently lifted in July) the flight industry really flopped.

Lagos is like two or three New Yorks.

But I guess people there are too broke to fly and they get no tourism
I dont think nigerias tourism industry is very good
It could be due to the fact that fewer European airlines are flying directly to Khartoum. Since the 1950s Europeans would often use Khartoum as a layover to South Africa/Australia; even in the 50s Sudan was the only African/Muslim country to own a line at the Heathrow airport. Due to the corrupt government and US sanctions (which will hopefully be permanently lifted in July) the flight industry really flopped.

When were the sanctions put on Sudan, by decreasing numbers I meant the 2009 number said there was a negative trend, but im not sure why, maybe it has grown now
Maybe they can start improving the airport one day
I thought Cairo would be lower considering the after the revolution there tourism industry plummeted :ivers:
It is growing slowly i think

When were the sanctions put on Sudan, by decreasing numbers I meant the 2009 number said there was a negative trend, but im not sure why, maybe it has grown now
Maybe they can start improving the airport one day

It is growing slowly i think

It's not an instant punch in the face, but it rather worsens over time which is why airlines slowly stopped flying to KRT. The layover rate defiantly fell since 2009 but more people are flying to KRT.

It's not an instant punch in the face, but it rather worsens over time which is why airlines slowly stopped flying to KRT. The layover rate defiantly fell since 2009 but more people are flying to KRT.
It'd be good if sudan airways can restart or it starts off a new brand to get it going,
I think in nigeria they are doing that

Status
Not open for further replies.