Building a house in Puntland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im interested in knowing how much it would cost to build a house in Puntland e.g Qardo or Garowe.

I came a cross this company who construct good buildings.

http://mubarakonline.com/#prettyPhoto

Resident-Villa-One.jpg

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Im interested in knowing how much it would cost to build a house in Puntland e.g Qardo or Garowe.

I came a cross this company who construct good buildings.

http://mubarakonline.com/#prettyPhoto

Resident-Villa-One.jpg

I would say about 100k if your buying from Mubarak but if you do it yourself and contract it maybe 30k lesser. You could get it for 70k including the land but that's if you don't go thru the real estate agent because he is adding his profit margin on top bastarku and it's boosting the overall price.

Most of the cost will be the land, probably 40k. Then you need to work out how much will it cost to get concrete for the foundation, workers, gates, wooden frames for the inside, glass for window, and obviously brick and plaster. I think you can get the materials raw from dubai because they don't make anything in PL cause they are to nacas and prefer to buy from arabs. I don't know the exact price but seriously how much will each brick cost? maybe 10 cents and then x by how many you need probably 1000 bricks.

I really can't imagine the raw materials if you went to dubai and bought it yourself would be expensive as long as you remove the middle man(mubarak) that's what I will be doing inshallah when I build in garowe.

I would say about 100k if your buying from Mubarak but if you do it yourself and contract it maybe 30k lesser. You could get it for 70k including the land but that's if you don't go thru the real estate agent because he is adding his profit margin on top bastarku and it's boosting the overall price.

Most of the cost will be the land, probably 40k. Then you need to work out how much will it cost to get concrete for the foundation, workers, gates, wooden frames for the inside, glass for window, and obviously brick and plaster. I think you can get the materials raw from dubai because they don't make anything in PL cause they are to nacas and prefer to buy from arabs. I don't know the exact price but seriously how much will each brick cost? maybe 10 cents and then x by how many you need probably 1000 bricks.

I really can't imagine the raw materials if you went to dubai and bought it yourself would be expensive as long as you remove the middle man(mubarak) that's what I will be doing inshallah when I build in garowe.
thats close to a million in swedish kronor, it will take a lot of time to save up that money, but i will do it.

Btw Osman, why don't punt land produce the building materials locally?

It shouldnt be so hard right?

Last edited:
@Twwin there are countless yards that construct pavers, concrete blocks, and roof-tiles in all major cities in Puntland. All you need is plant from china (presses that cost a few k), cement, sand, a source of water with a little pump, and some diesel. Importing concrete blocks from another country or region would be ridiculously expensive.

A local builder can build the concrete blocks for you using the old school method if you are short on money. I saw someone building an outdoor toilet with a mould similar to the video I am about to link. It is a had different dimensions, and a much wetter mix.

I think somebody should open up a yard that sells limestone blocks and similar products that people can use for landscaping and building purposes. Natural limestone is just beautiful, and it can even be cooked into lime, which can be used to alter soil conditions for agricultural purposes, and for masonry works when it is in mortar.

p1010112.jpg

fd9a4b_f7f26fae8baa4454b9370d7b228907cb~mv2.webp

fd9a4b_097cd9ab3a8d4e74bd88f363008a2161.webp

@Twwin there are countless yards that construct pavers, concrete blocks, and roof-tiles in all major cities in Puntland. All you need is plant from china (presses that cost a few k), cement, sand, a source of water with a little pump, and some diesel. Importing concrete blocks from another country or region would be ridiculously expensive.

A local builder can build the concrete blocks for you using the old school method if you are short on money. I saw someone building an outdoor toilet with a mould similar to the video I am about to link. It is a had different dimensions, and a much wetter mix.

I think somebody should open up a yard that sells limestone blocks and similar products that people can use for landscaping and building purposes. Natural limestone is just beautiful, and it can even be cooked into lime, which can be used to alter soil conditions for agricultural purposes, and for masonry works when it is in mortar.

p1010112.jpg

fd9a4b_f7f26fae8baa4454b9370d7b228907cb~mv2.webp

fd9a4b_097cd9ab3a8d4e74bd88f363008a2161.webp

Thats really interesting, thanks for the info sxb.

thats close to a million in swedish kronor, it will take a lot of time to save up that money, but i will do it.

Btw Osman, why don't punt land produce the building materials locally?

It shouldnt be so hard right?
When I was in gaalkacyo they made them

Status
Not open for further replies.