Building a hotel in Somalia. Estimate the cost?

say a place like kismaayo. on the beach
Kismayo-City-Aerial-1024x575.jpg

@Removed
@Thegoodshepherd

give me estimates.

I know an adeer of mine in bosaaso who built one for 300k :manny:
when did he build it and did he build it inland or near the coast?
I am guessing i should expect double that if i want to build a decent hotel right on the shores.
i thought it was going to be more.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Depends is it bungalo hotel or high rise? The latter will cost you 400k while the former 250000

Depends is it bungalo hotel or high rise? The latter will cost you 400k while the former 250000
sxb it's a group of us right now. we are going for glory.

we need something that'll bang. it's still far into the future so just doing some research for now.

we still haven't decided who our customers will be. I expect peace to improve and once it does, we'll milk foreigners. :rejoice:

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
say a place like kismaayo. on the beach
Kismayo-City-Aerial-1024x575.jpg

@Removed
@Thegoodshepherd

give me estimates.
unfortunately saxib you cant build on the beach in Kismayo because of Alshabab. Some Mx built a decent hotel (mecca hotel) not long ago but they had to close off the beach area with tons of fencing due to AS fears who are known to use boats around that area. People still rarely went there it was probably the least attended Hotel I have seen in Kismayo.

I would suggest maybe building on the beach and fencing it for now whilst building a rooftop area that people could eat from and still sea the ocean. Mecca hotel has a chance to do that but I am not sure why they refuse they have similar hotels across Somalia.

Another thing to consider is the food, every hotel in Kismayo offers the most tasteless food but somehow they get away with it. A major part of the revenue for these hotels in Somalia is the constantly full restaurant area that is used by the government workers and business men for essentially low level FKD.

As for an estimate its hard to say as I have never done a project like this but around 500k doesn’t sound far off.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
sxb it's a group of us right now. we are going for glory.

we need something that'll bang. it's still far into the future so just doing some research for now.

we still haven't decided who our customers will be. I expect peace to improve and once it does, we'll milk foreigners. :rejoice:
I wish you the best of luck maybe I will be your guest one day in your grand hotel make sure you give me a discount.

unfortunately saxib you cant build on the beach in Kismayo because of Alshabab. Some Mx built a decent hotel (mecca hotel) not long ago but they had to close off the beach area with tons of fencing due to AS fears who are known to use boats around that area. People still rarely went there it was probably the least attended Hotel I have seen in Kismayo.

I would suggest maybe building on the beach and fencing it for now whilst building a rooftop area that people could eat from and still sea the ocean. Mecca hotel has a chance to do that but I am not sure why they refuse they have similar hotels across Somalia.

Another thing to consider is the food, every hotel in Kismayo offers the most tasteless food but somehow they get away with it. A major part of the revenue for these hotels in Somalia is the constantly full restaurant area that is used by the government workers and business men for essentially low level FKD.

As for an estimate its hard to say as I have never done a project like this but around 500k doesn’t sound far off.
Thanks for the information sxb. i am counting on a post AS world three to four years down the road.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Can reach up to $1m depending on the area

Never cheap and there is many competition now due to many MPs building Hotels with the illicit Money

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Basing this on realistic Mombasa prices:

$1,500-2,000/SQ meters in pure construction costs (materials, labour & logistics)

Goes way up once you go beyond 5 floors.

Land costs, planning permissions & infrastructure costs might double it since everything is overpriced in Somalia for some reason.

Small 20 bed hotel should cost over 1 million...

Might be due to building code in Kenya and a Somali building might come out cheaper.

However there's no financing in Somalia unfortunately.

No leverage means it'll take longer to recoup returns.

20 bed * 80% capacity * $30/night = 170,000/yr total turnover.

With at least 30% going towards running costs you're left with nearly 120k before tax.

12% returns isn't bad but doesn't justify the risk to your money.

real state markets in Somalia is oversaturated.. you need to brainstorm and invest other profitable markets

Trending

Latest posts