Brutal ambush by the Turkish backed fighters of the Haftar's LNA militia in south Tripoli

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
It is amazing they did not shoot the LNA guy thrown out of the technical and rolling on the road.
Those fighters look professional. They might be the Syrian Turkmens trained in Turkey.

AbdiGeedi

Someone give me a rundown on Libya who are the factions
GNA = Government of National Accord (UN-recognized government of Fayez al-Sarraj )
LNA = Libyan National Army (Haftar, Rebels)
LAAF = Libyan Arab Armed Forces (another name of the LNA)

Haftar's main backers are the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, France, Russia
Fayez al-Sarraj is backed only by Turkey.

Haftar is el-Sisi wannabe dictator, and Fayez al-Sarraj is seen as Muslim Brotherhood friendly.

The US and Italy were on the fence, but now back the GNA (After Turkish victories).
Qatar was always in the back helping Turkey financially on the low-low.

Now everything is in the open.

Haftar started the Tripoli offensive 14 months ago to overthrow the legitimate government. He couldn't breach Tripoli defenses till September 2019. That's when around 1200 Russian mercenaries arrived and finally tipped the scale in favor of Haftar by the end of 2019. They came within 7 km of Tripoli downtown and were about to install dictatorship. Turkey stepped in in January 2020 and karbashed the Russians. Putin had to call Erdogan and request the drone attacks to stop so that the Russian fighters can be retrieved from Tripoli.

The story is much deeper of course.

GNA = Government of National Accord (UN-recognized government of Fayez al-Sarraj )

Haftar's main backers are the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, France

Haftar is el-Sisi wannabe dictator, and Fayez al-Sarraj is seen as Muslim Brotherhood friendly.

The US and Italy were on the fence, but now back the GNA (After Turkish victories).

Haftar started the Tripoli offensive 14 months ago to overthrow the legitimate government. He couldn't breach Tripoli defenses till September 2019. That's when around 1200 Russian mercenaries arrived and finally tipped the scale in favor of Haftar by the end of 2019. They came within 7 km of Tripoli downtown and were about to install dictatorship. Turkey stepped in in January 2020 and karbashed the Russians. Putin had to call Erdogan and request the drone attacks to stop so that the Russian fighters can be retrieved from Tripoli.

I'm on the side of the Turks if that's the case

AbdiGeedi

I'm on the side of the Turks if that's the case
I am too on the side of Turkey. But, man....... that war is brutal. Turkey is mowing Arabs like grass. I hope it ends soon. Whole bunch of Russians got killed too. In one strike the Turks killed 25 of them.

AbdiGeedi

The Gulf monarchies lobbied the US and the EU to classify the Muslim Brotherhood as a terrorist organization. They couln't do it 'cause the de facto leader of the MB is Erdogan. He is the only one left but standing tall. Funny thing Erdogan is stronger than all Arab leaders combined.

Last edited:

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
You know what i see.....?

Turkey sending western, uk france and gulf dreams in smoke. Can't wait till they help us clear out shishkabaab khawarij from our land and amisom and the rest of the lot.

1591191757020.png

Haftar's main backers are the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, France, Russia

You’re a good and an informative new user :nvjpqts:

DRACO

VIP
Somalians worshipping Turkey should have some self respect. The libya conflict is not Somalians/Somali's business.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Somalians worshipping Turkey should have some self respect. The libya conflict is not Somalians/Somali's business.
Supporting the thwarting of Devilish gulf plans in that region is not worshipping. We also do not wish for turkish support in somalia only air support modern weapons and advise on how to demolish al shabaab as was achieved in libya and syria.

You can disagree but pls make your points clear and valid. My fight is against al shabaab nothing more nothing less. Anything that can help us to defeat them without bringing more foreign troops on our soil whilst making business deals with said party instead of dealing with backstabbing gaalo nations is good in my book. Nothing is free and turkey sees business opportunities in somalia, and are willing to provide us training and support in return for this unlike the west that wants to control our sea route maritime zone for eternity.

Eway, there is no use arguing about it my friend. Only time will tell if this alliance is worth it or not.

DRACO

VIP
Supporting the thwarting of Devilish gulf plans in that region is not worshipping. We also do not wish for turkish support in somalia only air support modern weapons and advise on how to demolish al shabaab as was achieved in libya and syria.

You can disagree but pls make your points clear and valid. My fight is against al shabaab nothing more nothing less. Anything that can help us to defeat them without bringing more foreign troops on our soil whilst making business deals with said party instead of dealing with backstabbing gaalo nations is good in my book. Nothing is free and turkey sees business opportunities in somalia, and are willing to provide us training and support in return for this unlike the west that wants to control our sea route maritime zone for eternity.

Eway, there is no use arguing about it my friend. Only time will tell if this alliance is worth it or not.
You come across as someone who watches too much AL-Jazeera&TRT propaganda sxb. The Gulf Arabs and Turkey's motives are no different; they want get hold of natural resources and expand their influence around the world.

On your second point of heavy weapons, they wont defeat AL-shabaab until corruption,nepotism and clan division is fixed in Somalia. So i'd advice you to stop obsessing with banned weapons in the meantime .You refer to Shabaab as public enemy no1 when they're actually not. The corrupt self-serving politicians in Xamar are public enemy NO1,shabaab just exploits the situation. First the FGS needs fixing then only will Somalians be able to finally destroy AL-shabaab.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
We must support our Turkish brothers to secure their homeland. Libya is a staging ground to create instability in the Mediterranean.

AbdiGeedi

You know what i see.....?

Turkey sending western, uk france and gulf dreams in smoke. Can't wait till they help us clear out shishkabaab khawarij from our land and amisom and the rest of the lot.
I have a theory that Turkey is waiting for the Somalia-Kenya Maritime Dispute to be resolved before moving in. And it is highly likely that is the underlining reason for Kenya to request the postponement of the court proceedings.

Turkey got involved in Libya forcefully only after the Libyan government signed a maritime agreement with Ankara. The Turks don't want to sink in money without getting some sort of return. Turkey has already announced that they will start drilling for oil in the Eastern Mediterranean in 3-4 months based on that agreement.

Turkey is one of the few countries in the world that has its own mega drillrig ships. They have three. Two are in service, the third is being upgraded. Turkey is not a slave to the Western oil and gas corporations and can conduct exploratory and extraction works on its own. I love their thinking.

I hope I am right with my theory. I don't see any other country coming and helping us to fix Somalia except Turkey. There is a paradigm shift in the West in terms of foreign involvement. It is more of "gloves off and figure it yourself" approach for them now. Turkey has hunger for growth and dominance and willing to go beyond normal. We can ride out with them and come out as winners too. Turkey can reign in al-Shabab and make the AMISOM leave as they have diplomatic and military clout.

yavuz fatih.jpg

Last edited:

Trending