Bride Kidnapping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Queen Carawelo

What are you talking about? Geel jiire guys used to kidnap brides all the time. They still do it in badiyo.

S

SOMACOON

Our culture is beyond beautiful!
Just look at the Ethiopians and their meat
The Kenyans and their scared bodies
The naked Hutus in the Congo
The bush meat in West Africa
The sharp shark Teeth in southern Asia.
The wife whipping in the Middle East/

Our culture inaba caadi ma'ahan. Eeebe ayaan u mahad celiyay!

Q

Queen Carawelo

It's not our tradition to kidnap brides. Anyone that does it will be attacked by her tribe.
I've heard countless of stories about reer badiyo men kidnapping women and marrying them with out her parents consent.

S

SOMACOON

I've heard countless of stories about reer badiyo men kidnapping women and marrying them with out her parents consent.
I've never heard geeljire men kidnapping women and marrying them.
Although I've heard in dumarka jidka loo galo, in terms of rape.
You think its native in our culture to bring a women home and she'll just stay? She'll be out with her dacas the moment they close the doors.

I

IntensiveCareUnit

yo wtf, i was just having a conversation about this earlier this morning o_O

anyway, many cultures has this kidnapping deal thingy. I'm told this is how "honeymoon" originated

It might be old Somali custom back when they believed in waaq, but Somalis since the dawn of Islam are Muslim and majority are against that. What kind of Sheikh would perform marriage ceremony without the female consent?

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
The good old days when you use to drag any you want in to your caveman cave:mjcry:
8d1ce5af3e728f073944680ef2dcd28a.574x397x1.jpg

Beautiful:rejoice:
I drag a by her hair, captain caveman
:kobeok:

Last edited:
S

Shamis

It was not kidnap but elopement. To save face the bride would say she was kidnapped or her family would say she was kidnapped to protect her honour.

It might be old Somali custom back when they believed in waaq, but Somalis since the dawn of Islam are Muslim and majority are against that. What kind of Sheikh would perform marriage ceremony without the female consent?

lol it still happens today in baadiyaha and couples would act it out back in the day^tm

some do it because yarka/yarta waa loo diiday but they are in loof

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
It's not bride kidnapping it's a deal they both make without the girls parents consent. Basically the girl will meet the guy half way in the bushes during the night when everybody is sleeping. The meher gets done I think both families come together afterwards.

S

Shamis

Second person to cat my explanation :gunsmiley: I already said it was elopement.:gunsmiley:

yeah I'm saying there's both actual kidnapping and the one where it's consensual.

there's also the one where couples pretend a kidnapping with everyone playing along but idk if this is really practiced anymore

S

Shamis

I think you're confusing kidnapping with that biblically inspired practise of marrying a victim to the rapist which has long been abandoned. Its not cultural to kidnap a bride but some deviants might have done/might do. Its a massive crime in our culture, its an insult to the family and her clan.

Status
Not open for further replies.