BREAKING NEWS: Fox News FIRES Their Biggest Star - Bill O'Reilly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill who? Fired O'Reilly's name is ERASED from his own Fox show - which is now called The Factor - as his replacement gives a brief goodbye to the 'undisputed king of cable news.

170402123253-bill-oreilly-1024x576.jpg

Bill O'Reilly, the most powerful and influential man in the media, is out at Fox News.

Rupert Murdoch announced that he was terminating the network's most popular host in a letter on Wednesday afternoon that was signed by himself and his sons, Lachlan and James.

Rupert reportedly made this decision to fire O'Reilly after being pressured by his two sons.

'After a thorough and careful review of the allegations,the company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel,' 21st Century Fox said in a statement

O'Reilly, who recently signed a multiyear contract worth over $20million a year, was halfway around the world at the time, having spent the morning meeting Pope Francis in Vatican City.

The popular host was in St. Peter’s Square with his son for Pope Francis' weekly address, and afterwards stood in a VIP line to shake hands with the holy leader.

Pope Francis likely had no idea whose hand he was shaking however as the pontiff has said in interviews that he does not watch television.

He released a statement on Wednesday afternoon saying: 'It is tremendously disheartening that we part ways due to completely unfounded claims.'

3F5CC6AD00000578-4422770-image-a-2_1492558658300.jpg

Farewell friend: Bill O'Reilly (above last June) is out at Fox News after 20 years with the network

3F6455F500000578-4425684-image-a-38_1492625935514.jpg

Big day: O'Reilly was in Vatican City with his son on Wednesday where he met with Pope Francis (above)

3F2F0BBE00000578-4422770-Time_to_go_This_report_comes_as_Rupert_Murdoch_is_reportedly_con-a-1_1492558658299.jpg

Time to go: Rupert Murdoch was reportedly pressured to fire the host by his two sons, James and Lachlan (l to r: Lachlan, Rupert and James Murdoch in March 2016)

3F646C5B00000578-4425684-image-a-47_1492627150553.jpg

Decree: Rupert Murdoch made the announcement in a letter signed by himself and sons James and Lachlan (above)

'Over the past 20 years at Fox News, I have been extremely proud to launch and lead one of the most successful news programs in history, which has consistently informed and entertained millions of Americans and significantly contributed to building Fox into the dominant news network in television,' O'Reilly said in the beginning of his statement.

'It is tremendously disheartening that we part ways due to completely unfounded claims. But that is the unfortunate reality many of us in the public eye must live with today.

'I will always look back at my time at Fox with great pride in the unprecedented success we achieved and with my deepest gratitude to all my dedicated viewers.

'I wish only the best for Fox News channel.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts