Brand Building Doesn't Exist In Somalia

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Is there any brand marketing in Somalia? In the west it's all about brand building not just selling goods and products. If you don't understand brand building, it means your 'name' is recognized more then your actual goods. For example. Mc'donalds is good example of brand building. Anytime you want a burger, you know MCDONALDS by heart, because they brand build so strongly, everyone knows they exist. Their brand is so strong if you don't know mc'donalds, people will think your WEIRD or living in a Cave. That is good example of brand recognition.

I can't think of any company that all Somalis love and remember like 'mcdonald'. Maybe Xalwo Kismaayo is the only one that comes closest to brand building, but it is only known in PL and JL.

Come on lift up your business game in Somalia, begin brand building, make everyone remember your name in their hearts and let it spread thru Somalia.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
What the hell do you mean, brand building?!

Fam, the USA became a developed nation before they made brand named companies.

Somalia is in civil war. The priority should be peace, not brand building. Yes, make businesses for the nation, but due to the war, it makes no sense to think about this.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
What the hell do you mean, brand building?!

Fam, the USA became a developed nation before they made brand named companies.

Somalia is in civil war. The priority should be peace, not brand building. Yes, make businesses for the nation, but due to the war, it makes no sense to think about this.

What I mean, where is the 'somali' version of a business that we all know like at the scale of mc'donalds? it doesn't exist, there is no brand recognition in Somalia, admit it. Xalwo Kismaayo comes the closest. I want Somalis to develop their 'brand name' rather then just sell and trade, brand name means the most when people 'remember' you all over the world.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
No rule of law.

If I invest money into building a brand there's nothing to stop others from blatantly copying it.

I could set up an Apple store next to the presidential villa and no one would blink an eye at it.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
No rule of law.

If I invest money into building a brand there's nothing to stop others from blatantly copying it.

I could set up an Apple store next to the presidential villa and no one would blink an eye at it.

Well we need an business registry office that handles 'trademarks' don't you think? it should be apart of the commerce ministry. We can't steal copyrights or intellectual properties. Someone has worked hard to make that name into a brand, while you come and steal it is unacceptable. APPLE is a strong brand name, why don't those zoomaalis create something 'locally' similar and turn it into a brand themselves?

To create brand recognition requires you product is 'liked' by people and they consider you the leader of that product. When you talk burgers, you can't skip 'mc donalds' as a brand who is the best in burger brand. So for every product created, turn yourself into a leader of that product and 'expand' it nation wide. Like Hormuud is 'brand' it has expanded to PL/SL thru Golis and Somtel.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Well we need an business registry office that handles 'trademarks' don't you think? it should be apart of the commerce ministry. We can't steal copyrights or intellectual properties. Someone has worked hard to make that name into a brand, while you come and steal it is unacceptable. APPLE is a strong brand name, why don't those zoomaalis create something 'locally' similar and turn it into a brand themselves?

To create brand recognition requires you product is 'liked' by people and they consider you the leader of that product. When you talk burgers, you can't skip 'mc donalds' as a brand who is the best in burger brand. So for every product created, turn yourself into a leader of that product and 'expand' it nation wide. Like Hormuud is 'brand' it has expanded to PL/SL thru Golis and Somtel.

No need to explain the value of IP.

The current governments can't even enforce basic security for its people and you think they'll bother with your trademarks claim?

A registry office would be only useful if you have money to take the offender's through our corrupt court systems.

If they're in another state you can forget it.

Most of these people who will steal your brand will probably be politically connected so good luck in trying to find justice.

Trending