Bosaso Port Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
The government of Somalia’s semi-autonomous region of Puntland may award a concession to DP World Ltd. to develop the port of Bosaso, President Abdiweli Mohamed Ali said.

Ali traveled to Dubai last week to discuss the concession, he said in an interview March 21 in the Ethiopian capital, Addis Ababa, where he was on an unofficial visit. Michael Vertigans, a spokesman for DP World, declined to comment beyond saying the company continues to seek opportunities in Africa.

“The discussion is ongoing,” Ali said. “It hasn’t yet been finalized.” He declined to provide further details.

Puntland, situated on the tip of the Horn of Africa, declared autonomy in 1998 and severed ties with the Somali government in August 2013 after accusing the government of failing to distribute power and share resources including foreign aid with the region. While it’s been relatively stable compared to southern Somalia, which has been fighting an Islamist insurgency for the past decade, it has faced attacks by al-Qaeda-linked al-Shabaab and Islamic State militants.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...region-in-talks-with-dp-world-to-develop-port

How is the negro gonna put the Puntland flag before the Somalia flag on a foreign trip:draketf:

Gaas is a traitor to Somalia:fittytousand:

Anyways when will the details of the deal come in? If Somalia/PL gets less than a 55% revenue control it's already a failure, and going by Somalilands 30% I'm not hopeful tbh. Mogadishu got majority control in a port they own fully by themselves. It should be the bare minimum of port deals.

How is the negro gonna put the Puntland flag before the Somalia flag on a foreign trip:draketf:

Gaas is a traitor to Somalia:fittytousand:

Anyways when will the details of the deal come in? If Somalia/PL gets less than a 55% revenue control it's already a failure, and going by Somalilands 30% I'm not hopeful tbh. Mogadishu got majority control in a port they own fully by themselves. It should be the bare minimum of port deals.
dude mogadishu got 80 million expansion for 20 yr if my numbers are correct. the turks are making a killing

i am also waiting for the p/l numbers

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
Am very confused. Is puntland a independent country or a state of Somalia?

Am very confused. Is puntland a independent country or a state of Somalia?

We are an autonomous region, we govern our own land, the federal government may not stick their noses in our business until they fix konfur. But yeah i agree, the way we are going you would think we advocate for an independent country

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
We are an autonomous region, we govern our own land, the federal government may not stick their noses in our business until they fix konfur. But yeah i agree, the way we are going you would think we advocate for an independent country

So if the "federal government of somalia" doesnt have control over Puntland what is Somalia? What does the flag mean? Is Somalia even a country?

So if the "federal government of somalia" doesnt have control over Puntland what is Somalia? What does the flag mean? Is Somalia even a country?
Somalia is a country de jure (legal ownership), whereas us Puntland and you Somaliland control our regions de facto. The federal government may open their mouths when they fix konfuur and get the Amison Madows out

Gambar

VIP
It's an autonomous region that takes care of its own affairs. There's no President of Somalia, he's the mayor of Mogadishu let's get that straight.

Extra Details. It will be a modern multi-purpose facility and will be divided into two phases: USD $136 million for Phase 1 and USD $ 200 million for phase 2. Work on the project will involve building a 450m quay and a 5 hectare back up area, dredging to a depth of 12m. There will also be major investment in an IT and Terminal Operating System (TOS), mobile harbor cranes and container handling equipment.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
Somalia is a country de jure (legal ownership), whereas us Puntland and you Somaliland control our regions de facto. The federal government may open their mouths when they fix konfuur and get the Amison Madows out

So what your saying is that Somaliland and puntland can't move forward without Mogadishu. Don't you find that xaasid and selfish?

It's an autonomous region that takes care of its own affairs. There's no President of Somalia, he's the mayor of Mogadishu let's get that straight.

I must agree. Somalia doesn't exist anymore.

dude mogadishu got 80 million expansion for 20 yr if my numbers are correct. the turks are making a killing

i am also waiting for the p/l numbers
$80 million was part one, and the deal was made 4 years ago. Still Somalia owns majority of the revenues and the full port. We could buy the Turkish Firm up or let them pour in even more money as they continue making a money to fund it.

I'll have to wait and see how much Puntland actually will own and control.

Status
Not open for further replies.