Puntland Highway Authority Infrastructure Thread

Fucking embarrasing! Are there no Somali companies capable of road building/maintenance?

I've seen a few local contractors. I remember seeing one called al bashir or something.

There's probably a local content requirement in the contract so local contractors and suppliers benefit from the works as well.

Farm

VIP
Construction officially begins.

OT9JYc6.jpg

6b8cLxR.jpg

GwXXZy3.jpg

Dz7RNWU.jpg

tfNjU9y.jpg

ECA6Q9m.jpg

2pNarvX.jpg

"The road from Bossaso to Garrowe is going to be repaired after the Friday bust up in Garrowe which was caused by a Mohammed Jama supremacist "

I agree but if there are indigenous companies capable of performing the task as both @Farm and you stated then why contract the chinese at all?

Risk, capability, and previous experience are all factors that are considered when selecting a contractor.

And just because a foreign contractor got the work it doesn't mean locals are cut out of the picture. They will obviously hire local labour and use local subcontractors (machine hire + water trucks probably). And then there will be money going to things like fuel and accommodation.

Farm

VIP
It comes of as the situation sitts right with you and doesn't disturb you slightly at all. Foreign nations still building infrastructure for our country after 40 years, especially in puntland which has been relatively peaceful for at least ten years is unsettling.

We don’t have a central government so sadly we can’t get access to financial institutions...

Any investment is a plus for PL, I’m not exactly sure how this can be a negative.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
We don’t have a central government so sadly we can’t get access financial institutions...

Any investment is a plus for PL, I’m not exactly sure how this can be a negative.

Has PL even got data on how much the infrastructure bill is going to be for PL? in terms of roads, ports, energy, water, communication infrastructure? what sort of coverage rate are u seeking for PL, 100%, 80%, 50%. Which areas need priority for this on-road or off-road? what is the business-case for the areas selected beyond your 'tribal crap'. The banks need financial justification for your application. Can you show a road-map how this infrastructure is going to lead to economic activity. What are the PL taxation returns and how will it grow over 5 years after the investment? how much can u repay the loan back each year while keeping your state afloat?

@Manzana PL has a long way to go before they enter the scientific world, it's still a society not built for best practises, you can tell by the haphazard investment so far. They need to work of 5 year goals and complete each task listed not shift or move from it. We don't have any track record or resume developed to speak to any financial institution about loans, every 5 years we finish our terms in political turmoil not 'duties completed' kkkkk.

That's why they tell us go fix your political instability as you cannot reach economical growth if some c*nt is jumping out of the bushes everyday or hiding in muntains or some clan arms up cause they lost a position. I may do FKD and INSULTS but if u want me to speak without insults I can also, but I prefer the insults, because it may SINK in

We don’t have a central government so sadly we can’t get access to financial institutions...

The road has dilapidated since there has been minimal maintenance over the decades. Once the road is rehabilitated it will be easy to maintain. A patching and reseal program will ensure the road holds up for decades to come.

Big win here.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The road has dilapidated since there has been minimal maintenance over the decades. Once the road is rehabilitated it will be easy to maintain. A patching and reseal program will ensure the road holds up for decades to come.

Big win here.

These are donations not investment. Even Syria-Afghanistan gets donations. The reason for donations is simple, it doesn't come under financial scrutiny, your designated a damn humanitarian zone. Their only doing it to lift up their human rights record in the world, their trying to develop their own image of your sad case. I am not sure why PL can't just understand the world would not change because u feel emotional about tribe. They have a process or procedure for every sector in mankind which is guided by the academic institutions, their not going stop operating on these guidelines because of 2 million people in some obscure part of Somalia. U need to be rational dude U need to 'upgrade' yourself and your people culture niyahow, change their mentality to align with the rest of the world or else your going to be treated like those who think outside of the norms of the world.

Farm

VIP
These are donations not investment. Even Syria-Afghanistan gets donations. The reason for donations is simple, it doesn't come under financial scrutiny, your designated a damn humanitarian zone. Their only doing it to lift up their human rights record in the world, their trying to develop their own image of your sad case. I am not sure why PL can't just understand the world would not change because u feel emotional about tribe. They have a process or procedure for every sector in mankind which is guided by the academic institutions, their not going stop operating on these guidelines because of 2 million people in some obscure part of Somalia. U need to be rational dude

This is a Chinese/UAE investment sxb.

The Chinese are investing in Eyl fishing port, Eyl-Garowe road, Gaalkacyo airport etc.

They hit a snag under the Gaas administration but since Deni took power they returned.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
This is a Chinese/UAE investment sxb.

The Chinese are investing in Eyl fishing port, Eyl-Garowe road, Gaalkacyo airport etc.

They hit a snag under the Gaas administration but since Deni took power they returned.

So u want to invest rurally that's fine so your economic model is fishery, farming, livestock investment. So you want to be a 'rural based economy'. Then don't expect if some academic dude comes along and says I am grading IQ by GDP and looks your industries are industries mankind were doing 10,000 years ago and grades your people lower then dudes creating medicines, technology, weaponry, etc. The two industries of 'trade, farming, livestock, fishing' have been around for 10,000 years, any country who makes this their 'economic backbone' is going to be considered 10,000 years behind the rest of the 21st century.

What is your economic plans beyond rural economic investment and infrastructure? OIL? so it's an economy purely based around natural things, nothing unique then about PL. I can see why we can't scale up in the world IQ, we don't actually aim to be anything unique or different to our surrounding region. We are locked basically economically to our region and their intellect. No wonder the dude who said economical 'production' can determine IQ and his argument for this philosophy was if their smart they should be doing producing things that impress the world kkkkk. Read the IQ book 'wealths of nations'. It's true he graded countries based on their GDP and his philosophy is strong arguing if your smart, why aren't you producing a space rocket or tanks and still fishing kkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

But the other side of philosophy argued and said if IQ is determed by economic production, why are rich gulf states not producing anything worthy? That's the only dispute between IQ measurement of nations is the methodology, not the fact Ashkenazi Jews are 120 and were bordering 67. Wicked ass shit huh, it makes sense to me. When I walk around Somalia, it's like their economic production is like 10000 years ago achievements in Europe. @Manzana totally ignores this and argues 'racism' nah it's not racism kkkkk it's damn science, it's testable dee as we go for walk thru nations and see what their producing kkkkk

Farm

VIP
So u want to invest rurally that's fine so your economic model is fishery, farming, livestock investment. So you want to be a 'rural based economy'. Then don't expect if some academic dude comes along and says I am grading IQ by GDP and looks your industries are industries mankind were doing 10,000 years ago and grades your people lower then dudes creating medicines, technology, weaponry, etc. The two industries of 'trade, farming, livestock, fishing' have been around for 10,000 years, any country who makes this their 'economic backbone' is going to be considered 10,000 years behind the rest of the 21st century.

What is your economic plans beyond rural economic investment and infrastructure? OIL? so it's an economy purely based around natural things, nothing unique then about PL. I can see why we can't scale up in the world IQ, we don't actually aim to be anything unique or different to our surrounding region. We are locked basically economically to our region and their intellect. No wonder the dude who said economical 'production' can determine IQ and his argument for this philosophy was if their smart they should be doing producing things that impress the world kkkkk. Read the IQ book 'wealths of nations'. It's true he graded countries based on their GDP and his philosophy is strong arguing if your smart, why aren't you producing a space rocket or tanks and still fishing kkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

But the other side of philosophy argued and said if IQ is determed by economic production, why are rich gulf states not producing anything worthy? That's the only dispute between IQ measurement of nations is the methodology, not the fact Ashkenazi Jews are 120 and were bordering 67. Wicked ass shit huh, it makes sense to me. When I walk around Somalia, it's like their economic production is like 10000 years ago achievements in Europe. @Manzana totally ignores this and argues 'racism' nah it's not racism kkkkk it's damn science, it's testable dee as we go for walk thru nations and see what their producing kkkkk

@DR OSMAN we have to start from somewhere, the government and state need revenue. I personally believe we should invest in our human capital and in the service and tech industry, of course you can’t do that before having a base to begin with..

Trending