Boris Johnson's Girlfriend is barred to enter the U.S because she visited Somaliland.

Barred from America: New UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson's girlfriend Carrie Symonds, 31, is refused US visitors' visa 'over 2018 trip to Somaliland'.

• Symonds, 31, applied for visa to go to the US in the next few days for her work
  • It was for a US-based environmental group, but authorities blocked the request
  • Believed decision stems from visit made in 2018 by Miss Symonds to East Africa
  • The PM's girlfriend went with her friend Nimco Ali, who was born in Somaliland
  • During the trip, they met the self-declared Somaliland president Muse Bihi Abd

Boris Johnson faced embarrassment last night after his girlfriend was barred from visiting the United States.

Carrie Symonds, 31, applied for a visa to go to America in the next few days as part of her job with a US-based environmental group, but the American authorities have blocked the request.

It is believed the decision stems from a five-day visit made last year by Miss Symonds to East Africa, a region riven by civil war.

17499114-7376789-image-m-24_1566332430945.jpg

Carrie Symonds (centre, on the trip), 31, applied for a visa to go to America in the next few days as part of her job with a US-based environmental group, but the American authorities have blocked the request. This picture was captioned by Ms Ali: 'Had the best few days with this gang and they have made Somaliland some what home again. Love you all'

The Prime Minister's girlfriend went with her friend Nimco Ali, a campaigner against female genital mutilation, who was born in Somaliland.

During their trip, they met the self-declared Somaliland president Muse Bihi Abdi to discuss women's issues and sea pollution.

The UK is among a handful of nations who have diplomatic relations with Somaliland, which broke away from neighbouring Somalia in 1991.

But crucially, the US – which backs Somalia – does not.

17499118-7376789-image-m-36_1566334212917.jpg
17499108-7376789-It_is_believed_the_decision_stems_from_a_five_day_visit_made_las-m-38_1566334226000.jpg

It is believed the decision stems from a five-day visit made last year by Miss Symonds (left and right) to East Africa, a region riven by civil war

It is uncertain whether Miss Symonds applied for a US Electronic System for Travel Authorization (Esta).

If she did, she would have been scuppered by her travel history.

An Esta is an automated system which decides whether tourists can enter the country for 90 days without a visa, providing they do not pose a security risk.

In 2016, a question was added to the Esta form, asking: 'Have you travelled to, or been present in Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia or Yemen on or after March 1, 2011?'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...fused-visitors-visa-2018-trip-Somaliland.html

Barred from America: New UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson's girlfriend Carrie Symonds, 31, is refused US visitors' visa 'over 2018 trip to Somaliland'.

• Symonds, 31, applied for visa to go to the US in the next few days for her work
  • It was for a US-based environmental group, but authorities blocked the request
  • Believed decision stems from visit made in 2018 by Miss Symonds to East Africa
  • The PM's girlfriend went with her friend Nimco Ali, who was born in Somaliland
  • During the trip, they met the self-declared Somaliland president Muse Bihi Abd

Boris Johnson faced embarrassment last night after his girlfriend was barred from visiting the United States.

Carrie Symonds, 31, applied for a visa to go to America in the next few days as part of her job with a US-based environmental group, but the American authorities have blocked the request.

It is believed the decision stems from a five-day visit made last year by Miss Symonds to East Africa, a region riven by civil war.

17499114-7376789-image-m-24_1566332430945.jpg

Carrie Symonds (centre, on the trip), 31, applied for a visa to go to America in the next few days as part of her job with a US-based environmental group, but the American authorities have blocked the request. This picture was captioned by Ms Ali: 'Had the best few days with this gang and they have made Somaliland some what home again. Love you all'

The Prime Minister's girlfriend went with her friend Nimco Ali, a campaigner against female genital mutilation, who was born in Somaliland.

During their trip, they met the self-declared Somaliland president Muse Bihi Abdi to discuss women's issues and sea pollution.

The UK is among a handful of nations who have diplomatic relations with Somaliland, which broke away from neighbouring Somalia in 1991.

But crucially, the US – which backs Somalia – does not.

17499118-7376789-image-m-36_1566334212917.jpg
17499108-7376789-It_is_believed_the_decision_stems_from_a_five_day_visit_made_las-m-38_1566334226000.jpg

It is believed the decision stems from a five-day visit made last year by Miss Symonds (left and right) to East Africa, a region riven by civil war

It is uncertain whether Miss Symonds applied for a US Electronic System for Travel Authorization (Esta).

If she did, she would have been scuppered by her travel history.

An Esta is an automated system which decides whether tourists can enter the country for 90 days without a visa, providing they do not pose a security risk.

In 2016, a question was added to the Esta form, asking: 'Have you travelled to, or been present in Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia or Yemen on or after March 1, 2011?'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...fused-visitors-visa-2018-trip-Somaliland.html
USA is going to send a public apology soon. They'll say they didn't know she was with him as an excuse

I can imagine her arguing with Boris and calling him a pussy for letting her get mocked.

Does that mean that I won’t be granted a visa or entry to the U.S if I visited Somalia since 2011?

Do you American Somalis (Somaliland and Somalia) get grilled at the airports when you return from a visit back home?

Tukraq

VIP
Does that mean that I won’t be granted a visa or entry to the U.S if I visited Somalia since 2011?

Do you American Somalis (Somaliland and Somalia) get grilled at the airports when you return from a visit back home?
i think maybe if it was somaliland, its seen as a rouge nation here as there more in support of the fgs

I was put aside into the 'special room' and questioned for maybe 5 minutes regarding my trip to Somalia before they let me go. At the time I was a teenage male. They let me go real quick maybe because I speak in an authoritative American accent, the type that sounds like 'we better let this nigga go before he launches a civil rights lawsuit against us.' From what I hear, FOBs undergo a very long grilling

XamarWeeaboo

You expected something here didn't you?!?!?

I think the problem is with SL, since it's a rouge state and where the US has little influence. If you're Somali and have an American passport and/or citizenship you might be grilled and have a database search carried out- at most a few hours delay in travel My best advice is, avoid going to both countries with in a short period of time- i.e: leave a few years between your trip to Somalia and the US.

I was put aside into the 'special room' and questioned for maybe 5 minutes regarding my trip to Somalia before they let me go. At the time I was a teenage male. They let me go real quick maybe because I speak in an authoritative American accent, the type that sounds like 'we better let this nigga go before he launches a civil rights lawsuit against us.' From what I hear, FOBs undergo a very long grilling

@IslamIsTheAnswer

Thanks Sxb, I won’t be visiting the U.S soon & your political discourse has became wacky and scary. When I visited your shores as a pack-packer with a friend, I vividly remember when we spent few hours in a black church listening to raw and beautiful gospel music and afterwards, we were invited for a hot-meal into the home of some parishioners. We had a ball. I can’t believe that was only 8 years ago. Be safe guys.

@IslamIsTheAnswer

Thanks Sxb, I won’t be visiting the U.S soon & your political discourse has became wacky and scary. When I visited your shores as a pack-packer with a friend, I vividly remember when we spent few hours in a black church listening to raw and beautiful gospel music and afterwards, we were invited for a hot-meal into the home of some parishioners. We had a ball. I can’t believe that was only 8 years ago. Be safe guys.

Americans are good people, just a little ignorant and fearful about the world. Some Americans are afraid to visit even Europe (i would not believe this had i not encountered these people myself), bizarrely, so imagine when they hear about something called somaliland.

Tukraq

VIP
She met President Bihi of Somaliland and why will the Americans consider it like she met the leader of Alshabaab! Damn fools!!!
to the US they officially recognize and support somalia, SL is more of a rouge state similar to shabaab to them as they dont see it as legitimate

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Shit. That sucks. Fortunately I've always travel with my Kikuyu passport when I travel to the region because I'm a paranoid fulay.

Trying to make sense oif this. Why is the US against travels to Somaliland?

How about Somalia?

Is it just a tactic the west is using to scare foreign journalist and NGOs from checking out what's really happening in Somalia.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ok guys. Easy with the qabiil attacks. How many warlords did the United States support? America always supported dictatorships and mass murderers like Pinochet and Mohamed Bin Salman. At-least, Bihi won a fair and democratic election and this legitimises his leadership.

Trending