Books for Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
I want to stockpile some school supplies and ship them to a school that needs it back home.

I’m also thinking of placing a donation box on campus soon. Just for people to drop off books they don’t use.

I’m dead serious about this Idea.

I work part time but I make okay money. I’m trying to cut down on junk food cause money is wasted on it. I could use that money on school supplies . Currently Right now

I feel this is honeslty actually possible for me to do atleast right now.

My question is I need some schools. So for all you fucks out there reading this. Give me some names of schools that’s need supplies.

It would be a good idea if all y’all chipped in. I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one with old books lying around. Shit I will even take my siblings books as well. Them lil niggas don’t read.

@yaanyuur @Yaquub @Knowles @Basra @Reiko @Starscream @Blade1 @Kudhufo Kadhaqaq @xalimathe6 @Xalimo from da block @R.Kelly @RichEnoughForGucci @RICH @CangeeroBear @Sheikh @YourBroMoe @Fels @Crow
@World
@sigmund

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
I’m thinking of trying to get a lot of children books, Pencils, pens, books for young adults(I had the entire Percy Jackson’s series but gave it to a lil nigga that didn’t even read that shit. I’m getting that shit back).

Some backpacks.

I want to see what’s doable for me this month. I’ll try to update this thread whenever I start gathering a lot of stuff.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
I want to stockpile some school supplies and ship them to a school that needs it back home.

I’m also thinking of placing a donation box on campus soon. Just for people to drop off books they don’t use.

I work part time but I make okay money. I’m trying to cut down on junk food cause money is wasted on it. I could use that money on school supplies . Currently Right now

My question is I need some schools. So for all you fucks out there reading this. Give me some names of schools that’s need supplies.

It would be a good idea if all y’all chipped in. I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one with old books lying around. Shit I will even take my siblings books as well. Them lil niggas don’t read.

@yaanyuur @Yaquub @Knowles @Basra @Reiko @Starscream @Blade1 @Kudhufo Kadhaqaq @xalimathe6 @Xalimo from da block @R.Kelly @RichEnoughForGucci @RICH @CangeeroBear @Sheikh @YourBroMoe @Fels @Crow

@Western4Life @Apollo @Mercury @AussieHustler please don’t edit title I just want people to see this thread cause the amount of people checking the development section is pretty small compared to the amount of people that be chilling in the general one. Everyone wants to focus on xalimo bashing and ass eating but barely focus on helping somalia Hopefully this can get some views.
I think some people will look at the clickbait in poor taste. Your idea however, seems sensible. With available supplies to learn and study, their quality of life can improve. This is a good idea. The school supplies idea is a great one.

However, the book part is confusing to me. What books? What language? How will the content be presented to Somalis back home? What types of books should we focus on? Should we simply accept any book? I think this aspect of your idea needs improvement.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
I think some people will look at the clickbait in poor taste. Your idea however, seems sensible. With available supplies to learn and study, their quality of life can improve. This is a good idea. The school supplies idea is a great one.

However, the book part is confusing to me. What books? What language? How will the content be presented to Somalis back home? What types of books should we focus on? Should we simply accept any book? I think this aspect of your idea needs improvement.
Damn I just realized the English barrier. How the hell did I forget the English barrier.

Are there any schools where kids are actually learning some English. Simple dr Seuss books can help them with practicing being the language. Some alphabet books and etc. a lot of my fob cousins had some sort of English knowledge.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Damn I just realized the English barrier. How the hell did I forget the English barrier.

Are there any schools where kids are actually learning some English. Simple dr Seuss books can help them with practicing being the language. Some alphabet books and etc. a lot of my fob cousins had some sort of English knowledge.
Books are far too complicated to simply provide. Perhaps funding Somalis back home with an initiative to make children books in Somali to add in overall literacy. That could be an idea.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
That could work as well. Wow my idea with the books was kind of crap.

But how could we do that?
That is the question. Perhaps if we know Somalis in the West who can write well, we can have Somalis who are good at stories collaborate with them. They would then act as translators, paving the way for books that are more easily accessible for children back home.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
I’m about to hit the hay. I am expecting helpful stuff from everyone.

If my plan is crappy please give me your opinions. This was an idea I was thinking about for the past couple of days.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
That is the question. Perhaps if we know Somalis in the West who can write well, we can have Somalis who are good at stories collaborate with them. They would then act as translators, paving the way for books that are more easily accessible for children back home.
Y’all help us with this please

#makesomaliliterateagain

@Jerome in the house find one of the threads relating to book shops in the development section and buy books written in somali from the shops showing in there. I remember recently a post celebrating a big book shop all written in somali. Children's books and more. I think @TimaJilic posted it in the development section. Contact them and buy a couple of books for kids there.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot

@World
@sigmund

Son! I’m proud of you.

You know what! Why don’t I do that here. All I need to is talk to these libraries. They wanna get rid of books. All I need to do is tell them about that sorry African inkaar syndrome.

Jerome

Well done Sxb, our DM.discussion has borne some fruit. Great spirit. Did you find out where to send it? There are members of the Somali community who collect these and other kinds of resources and ship them to their local schools and community health centres. They ship them in large quantities which makes the cost of shipping economically viable. Ask them the contacts of the school they intend to donate to and contact them via email. The school that I gave you turned out to be an elite privately run school and don’t bother with them.

Last edited:

VixR

Veritas
A coworker I recently met put up a flier on the unit for ppl to donate things they didn’t want anymore, everything from clothes to electronics, and he got a pretty good turnout of lightly used goods to send back to Liberia. If you work for a large organization, that’s an idea. Books are great, but there’s probably more essential items ppl need. I would suggest books + beyond

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
A coworker I recently met put up a flier on the unit for ppl to donate things they didn’t want anymore, everything from clothes to electronics, and he got a pretty good turnout of lightly used goods to send back to Liberia. If you work for a large organization, that’s an idea. Books are great, but there’s probably more essential items ppl need. I would suggest books + beyond
Yea I plan on doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts