Bloomberg: Murdered NISA spy Ikran Tahlil possessed intimate knowledge of a security agreement forged in 2018 between Eritrea, Ethiopia and Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
ORIGINAL THREAD ON THE IKRAN TAHLIL CASE:

Key points in the article:
  • The killing of a senior Somali spy, who according to Western officials had knowledge of a secretive regional security accord and the formation of a new elite military unit, has cast a shadow over the war-torn nation’s long-delayed elections.
  • Tahlil possessed intimate knowledge of a security agreement forged in 2018 between Eritrea, Ethiopia and Somalia, details of which the three nations wanted to keep secret, according to three United Nations and Western officials, who work in Somalia and spoke on condition of anonymity because they aren’t authorized to discuss confidential intelligence assessments.
  • Somalia had long suspected Eritrea’s government of lending support to al-Shabab, and the accord helped ease tensions between the two nations’ security forces, the officials said. They also revealed that the tie-up saw Eritrean intelligence officers being stationed in Somalia and Ethiopia, giving its President Isias Afwerki an important foothold in the region. Eritrea has been backing Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed’s fight against dissidents in the northern Tigray region.
  • Tahlil, who spent several months training in forensic cyber-security at London’s Scotland Yard in 2019, also possessed sensitive information related to about 5,000 Somali soldiers, who were sent to Eritrea last year to participate in military exercises, according to one of the officials. About 450 of those troops were recruited into an elite fighting unit whose whereabouts and exact role remain unclear, he said.
  • Tahlil was “poised to blow the whistle” on the controversial military operation, according to a report released last month by the International Crisis Group.
  • The Somali presidency and prime minister’s office didn’t respond to queries on the tripartite security accord, the unit or Tahlil’s disappearance. Yemane Gebremeskel, the Eritrean Information Minister, and Billene Seymoum, Abiy’s spokeswoman, also didn’t reply to questions.

Western officials and Analysts also suspect Farmaajo's regime are behind her murder.

• Tahlil, who spent several months training in forensic cyber-security at London’s Scotland Yard in 2019, also possessed sensitive information related to about 5,000 Somali soldiers, who were sent to Eritrea last year to participate in military exercises, according to one of the officials. About 450 of those troops were recruited into an elite fighting unit whose whereabouts and exact role remain unclear, he said.
  • Tahlil was “poised to blow the whistle” on the controversial military operation, according to a report released last month by the International Crisis Group.
  • Tahlil possessed intimate knowledge of a security agreement forged in 2018 between Eritrea, Ethiopia and Somalia, details of which the three nations wanted to keep secret, according to three United Nations and Western officials, who work in Somalia and spoke on condition of anonymity because they aren’t authorized to discuss confidential intelligence assessments.
  • There is widespread belief in Somalia that the government is trying to cover up the circumstances surrounding Tahlil’s death, according to Western officials and analysts who’ve been tracking the case.
  • Her family have also alleged the probe into her killing is flawed because the intelligence agency is participating.

Well, well, well.. looks like Sharmaajo and his regime are being exposed. I guess now we know what was being discussed in this meeting;

"Tahlil possessed intimate knowledge of a security agreement forged in 2018 between Eritrea, Ethiopia and Somalia, details of which the three nations wanted to keep secret, according to three United Nations and Western officials"

20201231637450228940199814.jpg

1024x538_588073.jpg

46055937_1872868629458255_2428287737934118912_n.jpg

SomaliSteel

No dictator can imprison a population forever.
Wow This is getting spicier by the day. People are still denying Somali troops are fighting in Tigray. This is likely when they hatched the plan

Somalia's Media Network is so weak and disjointed. By now, someone should have had a file filled with the names and images of the Somali Soldiers that are being forced to fight in Tigray region.

Furthermore, the fact that Sharmajo is clearly training an elite unite of his own clansmen to prepare for his upcoming loss in the elections which I believe will result in him setting up a military base in Gedo from which he will try to launch a war on Kismaayo.

Somalia's Media Network is so weak and disjointed. By now, someone should have had a file filled with the names and images of the Somali Soldiers that are being forced to fight in Tigray region.

Furthermore, the fact that Sharmajo is clearly training an elite unite of his own clansmen to prepare for his upcoming loss in the elections which I believe will result in him setting up a military base in Gedo from which he will try to launch a war on Kismaayo.
I that I like! I wish that was the case. But most of them were taken from banaadir and Galmudug.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Wow This is getting spicier by the day. People are still denying Somali troops are fighting in Tigray. This is likely when they hatched the plan

I’m more surprised by the presence of Eritrean spies in Somalia.

Som

VIP
Ok, i was suspicious but now I'm more inclined to believe this.
The question is why would ethiopia and eritrea need troops from an unstable country like Somalia which doesn't even have a proper army

This secret security pact is not just about sending a few thousand Somali boys to die in Tigray, that's just done to assuage Farmaajo's ego and make him feel like he's contributing something, so he doesn't sense just how hard he's being screwed over.

These 2 Xabashis have a multi-pronged agenda for Somalia. They will cripple Somalia economically, first by drying up South Somalia's rivers, their aim is to get Somalia to a point where it literally begs to join a union with the Xabashi States.

France is building a navy for landlocked Ethiopia; guess where they are planning to park their warships?

Reborn
This secret security pact is not just about sending a few thousand Somali boys to die in Tigray, that's just done to assuage Farmaajo's ego and make him feel like he's contributing something, so he doesn't sense just how hard he's being screwed over.

These 2 Xabashis have a multi-pronged agenda for Somalia. They will cripple Somalia economically, first by drying up South Somalia's rivers, their aim is to get Somalia to a point where it literally begs to join a union with the Xabashi States.

France is building a navy for landlocked Ethiopia; guess where they are planning to park their warships?

Ethiopia have already built a dam on those rivers which they are filling up as we speak.The fact there is 0 discussions on this is shocking :dead:

Take this one which impacts Juba

Whoever manages to beat Sharmaajo, needs to make it a priority to fulfil the original plan which which is to train 3000 soldiers from each Federal State into a Somali National Army. I would want them to also train a navy and borrow money if necessary to buy warships. Now is the time for dumb Somalis to fix their Federal States and start getting their act together, or we will continue to be humiliated by the Xabashis and Kenya.

If the next President is also a short-sighted idiot, I advise you to start learning Amharic and Swahili because it's a wrap for this doomed nation of arrogant fools. Especially for Federal States who haven't managed to sort out their internal issues.

Ethiopia have already built a dam on those rivers which they are filling up as we speak.The fact there is 0 discussions on this is shocking :dead:

Unfortunately, the past few years we have been cursed with Sharmaajo's BOT farms derailing intellectual discourse on Somali dominated platforms. All they do is regurgitate insults and repeat lies to prevent us from discussing serious issues such as these.

We posted about the Ethiopia Dam problem on this forum before, but sadly, you don't see it being discussed on official Somali channels- because they are controlled by Sharmaajo or other stupid politicians.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
CIA, MI5, MIT, NIS all have a presence and operations in Somalia is this supposed to be breaking news? I am not surprised if Eritrean Intelligence Units are here to train our NISA soldiers and elite military units. The United States has plenty of blackops running around so why is this suddenly breaking news?

AUN to Ikraan I dont know what happened to her and hope she finds justice.

Reborn
Unfortunately, the past few years we have been cursed with Sharmaajo's BOT farms derailing intellectual discourse on Somali dominated platforms. All they do is regurgitate insults and repeat lies to prevent us from discussing serious issues such as these.

We posted about the Ethiopia Dam problem on this forum before, but sadly, you don't see it being discussed on official Somali channels- because they are controlled by Sharmaajo or other stupid politicians.

There is this guy Somali guy named Guled whom you might have seen before
https://twitter.com/GuledWiliq?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

He co-authored this paper which examines the impact

Take this one which impacts Juba

Maybe this is why Farmaajo's Government has not implemented the American funded, 42 Million Dollar Major Water Conservation Project in Gedo... they know there will be no water left in Gedo to conserve once Ethiopia's Dam is completed; the river will be dry.

tumblr_nt93mqA9ZU1qdrcyyo4_250.gifv

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts