Not open for further replies.
R

rcv

....with a new twist.

Blackberry device running Android :ohhh:

Slide up keyboard :leobite:

Biometric Sense touch:diddyass:

Thinner than the Note 5 :damn:

This device is going to make or break Blackberry, they gotta hit a home run with this.

The most shocking part in all of this is that Blackberry is still alive. Personally, I haven't used blackberry in years. I'll pass.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
As a UofW Alumna, I have been unwaveringly committed to blackberry (once considered a nearly dead horse). Even when all abandoned it. I think Blackberry is slow to catch on. I have been saying for years that they need to ditch the OS. Their app market is still unbelievably limited. The only thing they have to their credit is security and decent speakers. Their latest device is make it or break it.

R

rcv

@AbdiJohnson

It still is a corporate phone. A lot of companies still use it. Blackberry enterprise is not going anywhere, I think I read a couple months ago thr US govt renewed their contract with BlackBerry. I know the Canadian govt uses them still.

@The-Screw

Their not the consumer grade cell phone giant they used to be but many companies and governments still use blaxkberry enterprise.

You ever see those entertainment systems in nice cars? You know, the ones that allow you to control music, phone calls, see weather and sometimes browse thr Web. Blackberry has a huge grip on that industry. Their QNX software is used in like 60-70% of those cars. I think it's around 50 million cars that have that software. Sure their consumer phones suck but they still have other ventures. I'm not even naming all the other shit they do, like make and sell code that is used by Iphones.

SuldaanMethylamine

Scheming from Salaxley
Heard about this a while ago, funny stuff.

As much as I would love to see Blackberry buried and cease to exist, they will still be relevant for years. Being the only phones that are encrypted means they'll still have a market for government and hospital employees. The hospital I work at has an electronics shop that still sells the Bold 9000 and 9900 lol

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Heard about this a while ago, funny stuff.

As much as I would love to see Blackberry buried and cease to exist, they will still be relevant for years. Being the only phones that are encrypted means they'll still have a market for government and hospital employees. The hospital I work at has an electronics shop that still sells the Bold 9000 and 9900 lol

You live in Ottawa, what do you expect.

Q

Queen Carawelo

I never liked blackberry and I still don't like it.

SuldaanMethylamine

Scheming from Salaxley
Lol what about all the politicians, lobbyists, and diplomats. Surely you have to take that into account, especially since ottawa has a significantly smaller population.
They'd have just as much of an effect on the average as all those CEOs and high flying TSE stock traders have on the Toronto average. Plus foreign diplomats don't file income taxes (http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/nnrsdnts/ntcs/frgn-eng.html) so their income wouldn't be counted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts