Black Man Gets Racial Abuse At His Job and Loses it Over His Afro

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
This shit is messed up his hair isn't even a problem, might be alittle frizzy but wtf how you fire someone over that. If a women comes to work with her hair in the same size but curly i don't think she would get in trouble over it.

This shit is messed up his hair isn't even a problem, might be alittle frizzy but wtf how you fire someone over that. If a women comes to work with her hair in the same size but curly i don't think she would get in trouble over it.

Let's be a little honest here, afros kind of look unprofessional tbh. I've even heard of white guys having to cut their long hair for a job interview or position, it's not that uncommon.

Most jobs have a dress code that also includes how your hair should be styled, so it is what it is. Sometimes you have to make compromises to keep your job that's life, unfortunately.

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
Let's be a little honest here, afros kind of look unprofessional tbh. I've even heard of white guys having to cut their long hair for a job interview or position, it's not that uncommon.

Most jobs have a dress code that also includes how your hair should be styled, so it is what it is. Sometimes you have to make compromises to keep your job that's life, unfortunately.
Damn i never knew of a nigga cutting his afro for work before tbh, i heard of peoples beards but not hair. Shit learn some new everyday, i can see why the guy in the video felt offended tho.

Atleast letting them know during the interview process wouldve been better, he needs a trim asap

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

Yeah, you're generally expected to have short-hair as a guy if you're working a normal corporate office or retail job or something like that. I used to keep corn-rows and an afro during my early 20s. Everyone kept commenting that I'd have to cut my hair short when I'd start working and I did. The same is true for straight-haired niggas. You can't be having no pony tail or long locks, at least here in the UAE. A certain neat look is expected. You can get a little stylish with fades or something but that's about it for the most part.

Niggas always want to make things about race. The only places I know of that would let you sport styles like an afro, mohawk, or have hair dyed in neon colours are these new-age firms run by liberal types. If he lost his job over the afro then it was 100% a dress code violation because this shop will get fucked in the ass in court otherwise.

Yeah, you're generally expected to have short-hair as a guy if you're working a normal corporate office or retail job or something like that. I used to keep corn-rows and an afro during my early 20s. Everyone kept commenting that I'd have to cut my hair short when I'd start working and I did. The same is true for straight-haired niggas. You can't be having no pony tail or long locks, at least here in the UAE. A certain neat look is expected. You can get a little stylish with fades or something but that's about it for the most part.
So, if you're agreeing with me why did you give me the thinking reaction?

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Y’all are wilding.

I was doing management consulting last year interacting with a tech multinational with an afro.

I did a media interview while having my hair in an Afro fashion.

Relax yourselves.

:drakelaugh:

Last edited:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
So, if you're agreeing with me why did you give me the thinking reaction?

I was pondering the correctness of what you were saying but I didn't mean to leave you hanging in terms of support. I have amended my reaction, Generalfeldmarschall.

Last edited:
I was pondering the correctness of what you were saying but I didn't mean do leave you hanging in terms of support. I have ammended my reaction, Generalfeldmarschall.
Good work soldier, you're on your way to a promotion.

Salute GIF by CBS

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
Y’all are wilding.

I was doing management consulting last year interacting with a tech multinational with an afro.

I did a media interview while having my hair in an Afro fashion.

Relax yourselves.

:drakelaugh:
I was at Microsoft this summer with long hair and I was getting good compliments. I also didn’t have a haircut for months so my beard and moustache was crazy as well. I always knew they were exaggerating about the hair and stuff.