Best way of learning JavaScript

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muji

VIP
finished codeacademy and have watched tutorials on JS but I still find it difficult to write simple algorithms

What tools are affective in learning Javascript?

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
Why are you learning JS to build algorithms? are you doing AI and ML then look into python or R

1. Follow p1xt frontend or backend guide(preferably the front end, although backend might get you a job sooner if you can learn html and css basics). If you want to learn algorithms, you will have to be proficient in Precalc midway through tier 2)

2. Do the tutorials on MDN

3. Do projects a freeCodeCamp and p1xt guide.

Muji

VIP
@Knowles just found this course: watch and code practical javascript. Created by a former google software engineer. Check it out.

Thanks for your help. I’ve just finished css and html so trying to master javascript. Will definitely check out your recommendations.

A bit late to this but as a developer, I feel like I should respond.

The best advice I can give is to actually work on a non- trivial project. Just think of something to build in JS and build it. Once you get stuck, Google it. This is how you learn. By doing.

In the beginning you can follow tutorials but what tends to happen with tutorials is that you just follow the steps and copy/paste bits of code in. I find that I can't learn in this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending