Best way for a disaspora Somali to re-learn their mother tongue if they are not fluent conversationally ?

Salam people, I understand the language single mother raised but due to circumstances I was taken to a foster home at 12. Now 26 and my skill level orally is that of a toddler unfortunately. Don’t see a time in my near future where I could take 3 months off work to live in Somalia full time to best re-learn it all. alhamdulilah, I now live with my mother again. I have ordered several books pertaining to grammar, the grammar and understanding isn’t an issue but of course the problem is translating this to conversational. What would the best outcome be for me in this situation ? conversing with hooyo is the minimum practice I am doing atm. Attached image are the 3 books I now have -https://i.imgur.com/t3yV2sf.jpg
Listening to hiraan daily for an hour too

Bapo

AJ
Somalia for a month or so if you could would be great. You would eventually understand the language, but that only is if you understand it.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
As @Bapo spend some time in Somalia if possible. I went from struggle to get a few words together in somali to speak elementary level Somali

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Go back home. If that's not possible for you, pop down to the local maqaayad and get talking with the odays, you'll be sweet as in no time.

Go back home. If that's not possible for you, pop down to the local maqaayad and get talking with the odays, you'll be sweet as in no time.
I live in the sticks bro, no Somali people around :/ London was way too expensive so I now live in Plymouth. Which is south coast of England

Somalia for a month or so if you could would be great. You would eventually understand the language, but that only is if you understand it.
The maximum work holiday I have is 25 days, I will try to squeeze that in next summer inshallah. I understand it completely, listening to Somali poetry now and it’s all good. Just translating it verbally and orally is the jig

Trending

Latest posts