Best Somali owned restaurants

The best ones in Toronto are Xawash, Bilal, and Mushkaki. Xawash has really good shawarma chicken. Bilal's chicken drumsticks and mango juice are world class. Mushaki is the Somali version of Subway. Their fries are bomb.

Dv2tu23VAAArqiv.jpg

:ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh:

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Never heard of them, aren’t there more popular ones in Toronto? I think I forgot there names though
Hamdi and Istar are the most popular I think. I've never been to Istar tho but I got to Hamdi every now and then when I'm in the city

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
You couldn't pay me to go to Hamdi. Their food is lacking. Bilal has much better food.
Hamdi 50% of the time is giving you the driest shittiest hilib imaginable. I only go there bcs it's conveniently on the 401. No doubt my Dad hits up the other restaurants when he heads down to Toronto to chill with his friends. He's prob too lazy to drive too far from the highway when he gets takeout.

The best Somali restaurant ever is Deg Deg. I'll give this one to the Americans.
:salute:
I would go to Minnesota just for a bite of their chicken quesadillas. It's to die for. What do they put in their sauce? It's magical.
:rejoice:

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
I don't go anywhere near their hilib. I leave that for my parents. I just nibble on their drumsticks. Maybe it's just me but their soup smells awful. I hate the smell of it.
The lamb ribs are the only redeeming thing. That fat on it makes even their dry meat nice and moist

You drink their soup??? You need a medal of honour. I go nowhere near anything other than their baris and hilib

Do y’all ever eat at a Somali restaurant and feel you wasted your money? Like you could’ve just got that food from home? Is this how Italians and Koreans feel at their respective ethnic eateries?

Trending