Skincare + Makeup Tips

I've tried all the men's face wash/scrub range on the shelf at my local retailer over several years. All of them suck to varying degrees except my current nivea facewash/scrub. I've tried the sensitive version and it felt weak.

Maybe I do, because warm/hot water definitely makes my skin feels less good than cold water. Like it strips more off my skin. I don't know if that's scientifically correct but it feels that way

I might try a mask again and just use cold water in between.
Maybe you should try out a normal face cleanser instead of those that are targeted to men. If your face feels more stripped when you wash it, I suggest getting a more gentle cleanser like Cetaphil or Cerave and try washing it with that only once a day and other times with just warm water.

Also, using a scrub too often is very abrasive and drying to your face (should only be used 1-2 times a week).

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
Maybe you should try out a normal face cleanser instead of those that are targeted to men. If your face feels more stripped when you wash it, I suggest getting a more gentle cleanser like Cetaphil or Cerave and try washing it with that only once a day and other times with just warm water.

Also, using a scrub too often is very abrasive and drying to your face (should only be used 1-2 times a week).

I've dropped the scrub altogether for about 3 weeks now. I don't feel much better off. I used to use it about 1-3 times a week. What

I've got some mud mask. I'm going to quit everything and restart with just the mask once a week + water. Sit out my skin's initial reaction and start re-introducing stuff. I wanna try out a leave on mask suggested itt, didn't know they existed.

I've tried 'gentle' L'Oréal and nivea face washes and they kind of feel too weak? I'll look into cetaphil - I see it recommended a lot on reddit. Thanks

Mods, it would be cool if this thread gets pinned so i (or anyone else) could keep updating on new remedies/products that work well :obama:

This is a must-have! It might have a pretty creepy looking texture (it looks and feels so much like blood ) and didn't trust it because of the low price (they say cheaper things have less quality) but it seriously works. Use it once a week for no more than 10 minutes to avoid irritation and it very gently dissolves any dead skin, that results in hyperpigmentation and dullness. Also, once you start using this, don't ever physically exfoliate your facial skin as well, this does the job extremely well on its own. Please do a patch test first - especially if you have sensitive skin, i cannot stress this enough, and apply on cleansed, dry skin (chemical burn is serious business) or it could seriously damage it. All in all, this mask is BOMB :lawd:

Last edited:
I've dropped the scrub altogether for about 3 weeks now. I don't feel much better off. I used to use it about 1-3 times a week. What

I've got some mud mask. I'm going to quit everything and restart with just the mask once a week + water. Sit out my skin's initial reaction and start re-introducing stuff. I wanna try out a leave on mask suggested itt, didn't know they existed.

I've tried 'gentle' L'Oréal and nivea face washes and they kind of feel too weak? I'll look into cetaphil - I see it recommended a lot on reddit. Thanks

For a dude, you sure have a good routine :obama: I hope you become the messiah to save the rest of the Abdis from becoming Ashies :superman:

Since this thread is pinned, I'd like to leave some other threads that discuss skincare here:

This is a must-have! It might have a pretty creepy looking texture (it looks and feels so much like blood ) and didn't trust it because of the low price (they say cheaper things have less quality) but it seriously works. Use it once a week for no more than 10 minutes to avoid irritation and it very gently dissolves any dead skin, that results in hyperpigmentation and dullness. Also, once you start using this, don't ever physically exfoliate your facial skin as well, this does the job extremely well on its own. Please do a patch test first - especially if you have sensitive skin, i cannot stress this enough, and apply on cleansed, dry skin (chemical burn is serious business) or it could seriously damage it. All in all, this mask is BOMB :lawd:
This is amazing

Yeah, I watched the anime and saw clips from the game :ohhhdamn:
RIP :(((( you should've played the games/watched gameplay instead of watching the anime. i'm assuming you watched the anime for the first danganronpa game? all it does is pretty much spoil the entire trigger happy havoc game. it horribly summarizes all of the major events in the game. you can't make connections with any of the characters. playing the games is soooo much better and is really worth it. i made the same mistake too though- and i still regret it lol

RIP :(((( you should've played the games/watched gameplay instead of watching the anime. i'm assuming you watched the anime for the first danganronpa game? all it does is pretty much spoil the entire trigger happy havoc game. it horribly summarizes all of the major events in the game. you can't make connections with any of the characters. playing the games is soooo much better and is really worth it. i made the same mistake too though- and i still regret it lol
I get that :mjcry:
Only realized that the game was better way later. I plan to play the game soon since I've forgotten most of it eeee

MAGIC CLAY MASK:
Mix this clay powder (do not use a metal spoon or bowl or it will make it useless) with apple cider vinegar (dilute it with water if you have sensitive skin) to make a paste and use it as a face mask that absorbs oil and dirt from DEEP within your skin. Add raw honey and/or milk instead of vinegar to the mask if you have dry skin to add natural moisture. Use it no more than once a week as it is a heavy duty mask. Make sure you use a good moisturiser right after because it can have a drying affect on your skin. I like to use almond oil because I don't like applying too much chemicals to my skin. Hope this helps!!! ;)

inflorescence

The Horn ~~~
I strive to keep it as simple as possible:

+Gel cleanser
+Moisturize

+Dermaplaining once a week to get rid of dead skin cells.

I use BHA if I notice a pimple but otherwise. Thats what I do

Trending

Latest posts