"Behind every great man, there's a great woman"

Disclaimer: if you're an adult man, you should have your shit together before getting into serious relationships.

A family friend of ours married a French revert bum in the late 90s, but she encouraged him to get back into education.

He literally started from scratch, did his A levels and then studied chemical engineering while working as a pizza delivery man at night to support his family.

He'd tutor me and his kids after work. He went to a gulf country to make tax-free shekels and brought multiple houses in 08-09. It was all thanks to his wife's support and encouragement.

Same thing happened with a mate who met his fiance working at a warehouse. She was studious herself and made him sit and study with her for hours. He graduated with a 1st in Mech eng.
Also a similar story with a maternal aunt of mine.

I always assumed "behind every great man, there's a great woman" was a feel-good bullshit women said to make themselves seem important, but it's actually real wallahi. Anyone else seen this first hand?

Last edited:

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
Then why do most successful men get divorced. The only thing the women is good at is collecting them Alimony checks :mjlol:

Then why do most successful men get divorced. The only thing the women is good at is collecting them Alimony checks :mjlol:

Because they were probably just interested in his pockets. If a woman helps build with a man, odds are a lot less likely that she'll try to just collect alimony checks. Specially if she helped getting back on his feet, that's love. Not a calculated move to find a high earner to divorce.

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
It's definitely true. Not even in these extreme cases where they make a man out of a bum, but in general.

Women have the ability to make your life exponentially better or worse.

If my partner encouraged me to reach for new heights and supported me, I'd gladly give her half. I don't think you realise how much potential/time a man wastes being in a toxic realtionship. Being with the wrong woman is more detrimental to your life than a fucking heroin addiction sxb.

This reminds me of Dr. Dre's wife who thought she could squeeze 400 million outta him, all that money he earned while she sat her ass at home. Remember men to always get prenuptial agreement. Behind every successful man is a gold digger :fittytousand:

IstarZ

A mere finger can’t obscure the sun.
I don’t agree with women playing build-a-man. This is expected of a woman but a man isn’t ever expected to date potential.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I'm not a ride or die. And projects aren't my cup of tea.
tenor.gif

That was never me and never shall it be. Take it as you may.

This reminds me of Dr. Dre's wife who thought she could squeeze 400 million outta him, all that money he earned while she sat her ass at home. Remember men to always get prenuptial agreement. Behind every successful man is a gold digger :fittytousand:
If she's there when you're stacking selves for minimum wage while you're penniless, supporting you then she deserves her fair share when the time comes sxb. It's only fair.

Last edited:

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
If my partner encouraged me to reach for new heights and supported me, I'd gladly give her half. I don't think you realise how much potential/time a man wastes being in a toxic realtionship. Being with the wrong woman is more detrimental to your life than a fucking heroin addiction sxb.
Nah my nigga it’s prenup or nothing. No successful dude in their right mind would bet half his assets away, that’s just being financially irresponsible :mybusiness:

Trending