Beating children?

Would you beat your kids?

• Yes

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • No

Votes: 22 59.5%

• Total voters
Back when i used to attend dugsi i'd beaten pretty much everyday.
Around maqrib time we had to return to the dugsi and memorize the next days' cashir, so i would talk and crack jokes. The dude looking over us would write my name on a piece of paper. The next day, hen everyone is leaving dugsi (in the evening) the teacher would read out the paper and tell those people to stay and others could go. When we were left he would get a wire (fiilo) and smack us on the had 4~6 times and a single time on the back then release us.
I got used to it, i didn't really care much since it didn't hurt much after. I never learnt my lesson. Me and friends just used to laugh when then teacher reads our name. We sometimes even had smiles on our faces.

TL;DR
Beating doesn't work.
Talk to the child, reach out for them.
But at the same time don't be too soft.
Yeah, majority of dugsis are abusive, violent, and disgusting. I don't know why Somalis continue sending their kids there.

Subeer

Men are asleep but at death they will awake!
Around maqrib time we had to return to the dugsi and memorize the next days' cashir, so i would talk and crack jokes. The dude looking over us would write my name on a piece of paper. The next day, hen everyone is leaving dugsi (in the evening) the teacher would read out the paper and tell those people to stay and others could go. When we were left he would get a wire (fiilo) and smack us on the had 4~6 times and a single time on the back then release us.
I got used to it, i didn't really care much since it didn't hurt much after. I never learnt my lesson. Me and friends just used to laugh when then teacher reads our name. We sometimes even had smiles on our faces.

TL;DR
Beating doesn't work.

Dugsi
:mjlol:
Brings back horrible and funny moments
:pachah1:
My dugsi teacher was quiet sadistic, i remember in somalia he would find a stick with thorns and beat us with it, and have us take of our shirts
:faysalwtf:

And i always had to watch my laughter when other kids was getting beaten, or else i would get it too
:pachah1:
Naah but srs dugsi teachers should be stopped, some of them are crazy

your children need to view as their role model as well otherwise they will resent you when they grow up. I’m thankful in how my parents brought me up. Without their advices and karbaash I don’t know what sorts of troubles I would been in growing up.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP

TL;DR
Beating doesn't work.
Sounds like he didn't beat you guys hard enough. 10 minutes with my aunt and you will be reciting Al Bakra by heart.

ColloquiallyFluent

That one dude with the prosthetic arm.
Idk bout u but I chat shit bout bantus not every other people.
why tho?:ayaanswag:
"O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female, and have made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Indeed the most honored of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted"

ColloquiallyFluent

That one dude with the prosthetic arm.
Sounds like he didn't beat you guys hard enough. 10 minutes with my aunt and you will be reciting Al Bakra by heart.
That was ur auntie, that was my hot-blooded buff teacher in somalia.
Motherfucker sometimes went wild on one of students (saciid) he told him to take his close off. He beat the kid so bad with the fiilo.
Saciid was the most troublesome tho, we were friends too.
this was all in somalia btw

TL;DR
Beating doesn't work.
Our mualim just hit us infront of all the kids which was way worse, it wasn't really the pain that I cared about but the humiliation of getting whipped infront of the other kids.

Subeer

Men are asleep but at death they will awake!
That was ur auntie, that was my hot-blooded buff teacher in somalia.
Motherfucker sometimes went wild on one of students (saciid) he told him to take his close off. He beat the kid so bad with the fiilo.
Saciid was the most troublesome tho, we were friends too.
this was all in somalia btw
I've attended to dugsis in somalia and denmark
:manny:

all i can say is is dugsis in somalia is like being lockud up in guantanmo
:damn:

Gadiid

So much depends upon a red wheel barrow.
Nah, got nothing but nightmares from those years.

Every time I hear about people beating their kids I think the worst of them.
Parents power tripping over little beings so they can fear you. Not respect.

Yaquub

VIP
why tho?:ayaanswag:
"O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female, and have made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Indeed the most honored of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted"
His chosen ppl the jews are racist to the goyim and arabs hate anything dark. I think it's safe to conclude that this nations knowing one another failed and only brought about hatred for differences. Stop acting like were any different, every human is racist deep down and it's all due to survival of the fittest we all cleave to our groups because other groups would kill us in a race war.

:nahgirl::bell:

i used to get beat with sticks and shit :icon lol:

alhamdulillah it stopped when i was 10 years old :samwelcome:

and then dugsi came... :kendrickcry:

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words
They did studies on this.

Kids who were beaten by their parents tend to become criminals later in life compared to those who never beaten by their parents.
I am not a criminal none of my siblings are hell i dont even know a criminal:icon lol:

In certain situations, it helps the kid to learn if they are beat. For example, if you have a fireplace and your 1 year old is crawling towards the fire and sticking his hand out. A sharp slap to his hand will make him cry but he will associate the fire with getting hit so won't do it again.

I believe in incentivising my child to tell me about anything bad they done. For example, if they got into a fight in the streets and I heard about it, if they themselves tell me what happened then no physical punishment. If they come home like nothings happened then I would punish them. It would create a dialogue with my kids which would help when they are older and are going through serious troubles.

I believe in incentivising my child to tell me about anything bad they done. For example, if they got into a fight in the streets and I heard about it, if they themselves tell me what happened then no physical punishment. If they come home like nothings happened then I would punish them. It would create a dialogue with my kids which would help when they are older and are going through serious troubles.
:yousmart: