Bari: The Birthplace of Buranbur

Miingis is the origin of Buranbur..

I've noticed Reer Bari have several dances that seem like variations of Buranbur but other regions do not. The story is that it travelled South with the Reer Bari merchant families and later on was adopted by other Somalis.

2:36 onwards, Bareeda, Bari. You'll notice that Buranbur in the Bari region, is not just the popular version we all see at weddings but it has several different forms with different chants, poetry and dance styles.

CaliTedesse

I ❀️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
I consider Somali dances not appealing maybe using that word would have been better yaa ikhwaan

Manzana

𐒖 π’šπ’’π’˜π’‚π’—π’† 𐒖𐒒𐒆 π’ˆπ’‚π’‡π’™π’’π’Œ π’π’šπ’’π’‚. PIM.
I love baraanbur
But very few people know how to do it properly

I think it's because it's not cultural for most Somalis. Most regions have their own dances.
You'll notice that they like to add their own cultural style to buranbur and turn it into something else altogether

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte πŸ’ͺπŸΎπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
I'm waiting for a nigga to dispute this

Only so we can drag him for being involved in habloid activities :silanyolaugh:

I think it's because it's not cultural for most Somalis. Most regions have their own dances.
You'll notice that they like to add their own cultural style to buranbur and turn it into something else altogether
Ma aragtay
I’ve seen Some girls dabada walaaqaayo

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte πŸ’ͺπŸΎπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
Guys do baraanbur too

Maxaad tiri?

giphy.gif

My mother is from qardho she always does it idk if it’s off the top of her head or she knows 100s of them but that’s her thing

one

αΆœα΅ƒΚ·α΅’ αΆœα΅ƒΚ·Λ‘α΅’
Not really, Mingis is not the origin of Buraanbur. In fact Buraanbur has nothing to do with Mingis.

Buraanbur is just an umbrella name for women's ciyaaro. Many ciyaaro which people call "buraanbur" are just batar and women's jaandheer.

Mingis, Boorane, maame etc. are all Saar spirits which came from Ethiopia/Harar.

I think you're mixing Fiqi Buraale with Mingis. The Fiqi Buraale spirits originated in the Bari region.

Imo, Saar is the only ciyaar which unites all shanta Soomaliyeed. Everyone from Djibouti all the way to Garissa have their own regional Saar ciyaaro. Saar Gedo(Goobile), Saar Kismaayo, Saar Baydhabo, Haan=Women's saar, in Somaliland=Baarcadde and many, many more.

It's definitely an ancient ciyaar. And many North eastern African communities, muslims or not, also practice Saar/Zaar.

Trending