are barawani Portuguese mixed with bantu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
most are mixed with Somali, Swahili, and Persian/Arab. I don't think they have Portuguese
The Bravanese aren't really an ethnic group per se, but rather a confederation of peoples from diverse origins within Brava/Barawa. There are thus some individuals that have Bantu (where their Chimwiini dialect originates from) or Eyle ancestry, while others are largely of Yemeni, Omani, Persian or European heritage . Certain individuals also have Portuguese ancestry. Middayexpress(talk) 15:59, 25 June 2014 (UTC)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Bravanese_people

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
First of all it's like a mix of Coastal Swahili of Kenya and some other language I have no idea about:gucciwhat:

I heard these words in the first clip

Something like "Lazima kumshukuru " = We must thank him(X.sh.Maxamuud)

"Ishirini na tano" = 25

"X.sh. Mahamud ni raisi ya Somalia"

Like saying he's the president of Somalia

I heard also "cheza mpira" = playing ball/soccer
"Itakuwa" = it'll be
Hospitali= Hospital

Mimi= I'm
Pesa= money
Katika= In e.g katika America, Katika Ohio
"Watu" = people
Kumbukenini/kumbukeni= remember

Last edited:

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
You're actually annoying. I've done the 23&me thing and the only African I have outside of Somali is noise level Ethiopian/Eritrean and no European whatsoever either.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Can you translate what your people are saying cause they speak a language thats foriegn to somalis

23&me is shirk i dont believe in those gaalo innovations but i understand your predicament you are stuck inbetween a rock and a hard place being a mutt is not easy

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
@Cognitivedissonance I think they're speaking language known as Chimwiini:cosbyhmm:

They speak similar with people I know in Coastal Kenya.. They're called bajuni, they speak similar languages. There was a portuguese influence in those people, maybe they're the same

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
:comeon: You mean Barwani?

You're 100% Somali have some self respect
I am Somali when have I denied that I am Somali? I think you are getting it misconstrued cause you are a barawani 0.5 so you don’t know much about Somalis since you’re descendant of Portuguese and Bantu slaves.

I am a proud Somali but I am not samaale

Somalis are dir (samaale) and darood (Arabs)

My ancestors use to own barawani slaves in hobyo sultanate also boqor cismaan owned many slaves that were barawani and Bantu
Sure they did macminded, just like you descend from the prophets family right?
I am Somali when have I denied that I am Somali? I think you are getting it misconstrued cause you are a barawani 0.5 so you don’t know much about Somalis since you’re descendant of Portuguese and Bantu slaves.

I am a proud Somali but I am not samaale

Somalis are dir (samaale) and darood (Arabs)
:tacky:
You don't realize how cringey the things you say are, you're a male act like it. Mythical arab daddy in 2018 at your big age.
Respect yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending