Bajuni (with a Somali mother) DNA results

Libaax-Joore

Beesha haplogroup e-by8081
VIP
Come on man, we are in the Culture and History section, not FKD.

Maxa Tidhi Somalis only arrived in great numbers around the Middle of the 19th century. Your clan arrived roughly then too, not more than 200 years ago.

View attachment 217980
My great great grandfather bare farah jenacade came to jubboyinka 1880 all his off spring were born in jubbada hoose we have osman mohamud subclan that were thier before him for example ahmed aden bah gareen and muse mohamed were thier early 1800s👈🏽 do the math saxib

My great great grandfather bare farah jenacade came to jubboyinka 1880 all his off spring were born in jubbada hoose we have osman mohamud subclan that were thier before him for example ahmed aden bah gareen and muse mohamed were thier early 1800s👈🏽 do the math saxib
Lets agree to disagree sxb.:nvjpqts:

Libaax-Joore

Beesha haplogroup e-by8081
VIP
Lets agree to disagree sxb.:nvjpqts:
nabadonka beesha osman mohamud jubboyinka abdullahi nur Babis he count 5 generations to jubbada hoose his subclan muse mohamed came early 1800s .. @anonimo i knoe my history in and out
A4B3F7F5-9C24-4071-B803-6736C0577F59.jpeg

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Not for the Historically aware. Self-proclaimed politicians like that individual you posted are ignoramuses like FOB Somalis from all clans. I will be the first one to call out any Dir person that claims Orma are the native Dir inhabitants of Jubbaland, only the Biimaal of Jammaame have a claim to this. The Wardei are clearly the remnants of the Orma that remained in Jubbaland. Anything West of the Jubba River is Daarood, all territories East of it are Rahanweyn, Bantu and Dir.

However, you also have to acknowledge that it was not initially a straightforward case of invasion in the case of West Jubbaland. The first batch of migrants arrived seeking sanctuary (Ogaden and MX). When these OG and MX first arrived in Jubbaland, the two dominant powers were the Bardheere Religious Xeer and the Gasargude Sultanate who intermittently waged war on Gaalo Madoow. This History is also never publicised. It is only after the smallpox epidemic which weakened the Orma, and the later arrival of Daarood nomads armed with firearms that expansion took off in earnest.

The number of Darods with rifles when the war against the Boran and Warra Daya was taking place was probably very small. The Darod were simply more efficient herdsmen than the Boran/Warra Daya in that they had a diverse set of domesticated animals, while the Oromo were very cattle focused.

Rinderpest hit cattle hardest, the Darod fell back on their camels, sheep and goats while the Oromo had nothing to fall back on.

Btw, the Gasargude and Jameeco bordered the Oromo for a long time and di not make any headway. The Darod were making gains in that they kept inviting more clansmen from Ethiopia long before the smallpox and Rinderpest epidemics hit the Oromo. The Darod were going to win Jubaland & Tanaland with or without the help of disease. The epidemics simply hastened the inevitable.

The number of Darods with rifles when the war against the Boran and Warra Daya was taking place was probably very small. The Darod were simply more efficient herdsmen than the Boran/Warra Daya in that they had a diverse set of domesticated animals, while the Oromo were very cattle focused.

Rinderpest hit cattle hardest, the Darod fell back on their camels, sheep and goats while the Oromo had nothing to fall back on.

Btw, the Gasargude and Jameeco bordered the Oromo for a long time and di not make any headway. The Darod were making gains in that they kept inviting more clansmen from Ethiopia long before the smallpox and Rinderpest epidemics hit the Oromo. The Darod were going to win Jubaland & Tanaland with or without the help of disease. The epidemics simply hastened the inevitable.
Before the smallpox epidemic, there was no substantial conflict as the first set of migrants came seeking sanctuary among the Galla after the Rahanweyn pushed them across the river.

L2.PNG

L3.PNG

If the status quo had not changed because of disease, and later guns, what makes you think that these migrants would have been more successful than the Rahanweyn led Gasargude Sultanate and Bardheere Xeer who could call upon ten times more warriors at arms? There would have been no need to become clients of the Galla if their manpower was strong enough to defeat the Rahanweyn who they first came into conflict with.

Moreover, both the Gasargude and Bardheere Rahanweyn dominated entities were already successful at dislodging the 'Galla' from territory as the above source highlights.

Last edited:

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Before the smallpox epidemic, there was no substantial conflict as the first set of migrants came seeking sanctuary among the Galla after the Rahanweyn pushed them across the river.

View attachment 217992

View attachment 217993

If the status quo had not changed because of disease, and later guns, what makes you think that these migrants would have been more successful than the Rahanweyn led Gasargude Sultanate and Bardheere Xeer who could call upon ten times more warriors at arms? There would have been no need to become clients of the Galla if their manpower was strong enough to defeat the Rahanweyn who they first came into conflict with.

Moreover, both the Gasargude and Bardheere Rahanweyn dominated entities were already successful at dislodging the 'Galla' from territory as the above source highlights.

I think they would have been more successful because shortly after defeating the Oromo, the Marehan defeated the Gasargude at Luuq and the Cawlyahan defeated the Jameeca at Baardheere.

It is not a hypothetical. We know what happened when these groups fought.

I think they would have been more successful because shortly after defeating the Oromo, the Marehan defeated the Gasargude at Luuq and the Cawlyahan defeated the Jameeca at Baardheere.

The Jameeca were already defeated man. The Geledi defeated them. Read up on their History man.

The Gasargude Sultanate was in existence until the Italians established their authority, MX did not bring an end to the Sultanate. The Gasargude stopped an Ethiopian force in a famous battle at Luuq way after the Orma had been defeated. These are the same Ethiopians who were wreaking havoc on Ogaden and diverse Somali clans in K5 belonging to both Daarood and Dir. Their Sultanate was a power to be reckoned with.

Last edited:

FYI

Just in case you haven't come across it.

Found the academic paper I was looking for which goes into more detail about the settlement of Jubbaland. It references some contemporaneous sources.

Too much information to screenshot.

Very interesting reading for anyone interested in the History of this part of Somalia.

That's too much Somali ancestry for someone who is that much mixed.
If his dad is 100% bajuuni and his mom is Somali-yemeni then he should be less than 50% somali.
It's likely his mom is sheegato or exaggerating Yemeni ancestry , maybe she is a 70% Somali benadiris cad cad or maybe his bajuuni dad has significant Somali and ancestry

There might be more to the story, since he also said this:

That’s actually so interesting thank you for letting me know. My whole life I always thought I was your average stereotypical Somali.

but it is not surprising to see that Bajuni themselves having substantial Somali ancestry and his said his mom is half, meaning her father is from Yemen. So it adds up.

Impossible. You can't populate from Garrisa to Kismayo to the Sawahili coast all the way back to Jigijiga in less than two centuries. The only possibility for that happening is if it happened via empirical conquest and if that was the case, the wouldn't be dumb Enough to emphasize s conquering less fertile Garrisa instead of Lamu and the Sawhili coast.
Yeah they just hating

Trending

Latest posts