YFull Discussion Thread

Screenshot_20210505_023911_com.android.chrome.jpg

[
Not at all.

The new Somalia Togdheer sample is Habar Jeclo.

That sample is a Qubeys Surre from Hiiraan. When the tree is updated, he will be closer to the Samaron-Isaaq subclade but they will still have their own subclade.
It's quite amazing how Sure has managed to hold on to not become Darod serounded by Marehan and Majerteen. How long have sure lived in South Somalia?

[

It's quite amazing how Sure has managed to hold on to not become Darod serounded by Marehan and Majerteen. How long have sure lived in South Somalia?

Only some sections of Surre neighbour MX and MJ. We are found from Sanaag to Jubbaland in Somalia. In K5, we have our own Woreda bordering Luuq called Dolobay, and are also known as Xeer in Ogaden lands: Fiqi Yaxye and Fiqi Kheyr.

It is commendable that the most isolated Surre sub sub subclans did not assimilate into other clans but there are definitely some Surres who did from what we know. Nonetheless, we have always taken pride in our Dir ancestry wherever we settle hence why Surre is often confused for Dir among less knowledgeable Somalis.

The fact that the majority of us are priestly clans may partially explain how we became dispersed in the South. In historical times, Somalis knowledgeable in Fiq were a minority so those who knew it were welcomed to settle among host clans with daughters and camels offered to them etc. However, our origins are in Waqooyi as oral History and our paternal DNA lineage demonstrates.

I was wondering as well if there is a point of doing this test? I think few Habar Yonis are already on board.

What subclan are you? It would be worth doing just for subclan analysis, if you can afford it.

Also, I think so far one HY individual turned out to have a very ancient E1b1b subclade, very different from the rest who have all have T-M184. So it isn't guaranteed you would have the same haplogroup as the rest of us.

Congrats to Beesha T. Now Yfull has just updated in the live section. Extra branches. Give us some insight into the new branches.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

I'll be damned!

Had a look at the updated SNP list for the Surre samples. I might have spoken too soon.

They still do not share a closer number of SNP's with each other than they do with the Samaron-Isaaq samples. However, they appear to share a higher number of quality SNP's which YFull considers more reliable when calculating TMRCA. This might explain why they are more closely related to each other and have a new subclade in the Live YFull update.

I ain't going to pop the cork yet, but I am pleasantly surprised.

Do people still think T might have been the result of only one male paternal ancestor or a group of men with the same paternal ancestry?

It boggles my mind how all T-Y44591 descend from just one man. Was he Genghis khan's cousin or something?

Apollo

VIP
Do people still think T might have been the result of only one male paternal ancestor or a group of men with the same paternal ancestry?

It boggles my mind how all T-Y44591 descend from just one man. Was he Genghis khan's cousin or something?

This is what happened with Somali paternal frequencies (in ELI5 terms):

A group of different paternal lineages lived together in the Eastern Horn (proto-Somalis). Likely E-V6 (and other smaller versions of E-V1515 (E-CTS10880 on yfull), various E-V22*, different kids of E-V12* and E-V32, E-Y18629 specifically, E-M34, E-V16, and even likely A-M13 and potentially even old non-recent Arab versions of J1, then this alpha carrying E-Y18629 started alphamaling all the other ones and dominating the frequency squeezing all the other ones out.

Then around 2K YBP a male ancestral to T-BY181210 joined the Somali ethnicity. Perhaps he already had a small clan by that time and then joined in on the patriarchal culture pumping his lineage to relatively high frequencies. Likely he did not come alone, but his lineage was more successful. perhaps some of those J1s in Afars came with him.

I don't think E-Y18629 and T-BY181210 are representative of Somalis total origins. They squeezed out many of the other ones.

Libaax-Joore

Beesha haplogroup e-by8081
VIP

A group of different paternal lineages lived together in the Eastern Horn (proto-Somalis). Likely E-V6 (and other smaller versions of E-V1515 (E-CTS10880 on yfull), various E-V22*, different kids of E-V12* and E-V32, E-Y18629 specifically, E-M34, E-V16, and even likely A-M13 and potentially even old non-recent Arab versions of J1, then this alpha carrying E-Y18629 started alphamaling all the other ones and dominating the frequency squeezing all the other ones out.

Then around 2K YBP a male ancestral to T-BY181210 joined the Somali ethnicity. Perhaps he already had a small clan by that time and then joined in on the patriarchal culture pumping his lineage to relatively high frequencies. Likely he did not come alone, but his lineage was more successful. perhaps some of those J1s in Afars came with him.

I don't think E-Y18629 and T-BY181210 are representative of Somalis total origins. They squeezed out many of the other ones.
The conspiracy theory how u came with this crazy staff

Apollo

VIP
The conspiracy theory how u came with this crazy staff

It's not a conspiracy theory. Researchers call this a 'founder effect'. It is right in the data.

Most ethnicities don't have this. It mainly happens in pastoralist groups. Look at Oromo and Amhara paternal frequencies. They don't have a handful of relatively recent lineages dominating their paternal frequencies.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP

So Awoowe E-Y18629 and T-BY181210 were chads? 😂😂

Trending

Latest posts