YFull Discussion Thread

I cannot claim the credit for this.

Don Esteban deserves all the glory for work done on our lineage, I am merely a humble messenger.

Awbarre might get another SNP to identify his lineage. The analysis has just started. It is possible that the T-FGC92488 tree will be split to show the difference between the Samaron and Isaaq individuals if there are certain SNP's that are not shared by Awbarre but present among the Isaaqs etc.

The Spanish T expert's prediction was amazing, especially only having limited Somali Strs data to
work with.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Are you reir Nur Sameroon? Are their any results for reer Nur Gadabursi?

I'm closer to Reer Nur than the OP. They have done the test and are generally the same haplogroup as the other Samaroons. I can try and get some of them to do this specific full y test as well.

Aw Khutub Sheekhaal have clustered with Marehan, I wouldn't be surprised if also Xeebjire did..
The Xeebjire results I saw so far were T1a not EV32.

The TMRCA will probably change IMO and the tree further split. Until the final update, we are none the wiser though.

You could provide a clue nonetheless.

On FTDNA, are you matched with the Samaron 100 Str sample? If so, how distant/closely are you matched to him in comparison to the Isaaq samples. He's not one of my matches as I am not closely related to him when I use the FTDNA matching service.

There seems to be a difference between the Gadabursi and Isaaq samples in some of the markers in the FTDNA.

See the highlight:

Screenshot.jpg

There seems to be a difference between the Gadabursi and Isaaq samples in some of the markers in the FTDNA.

See the highlight:

View attachment 182242

Those are fast mutating STR's and not much use for analysis. Even some STR's are shared by the Samaron sample with only certain Isaaqs who do not share them with other Isaaqs.

The above sample and that of the Isaaqs are not that distantly related where it matters when contrasted with the Surre FTDNA sample. Your YFull result should confirm this.

Let the YFull lot do their work and all will become clear.

Y16897.PNG

@Awbarre

Thanks for the guidance thread on how to upload. The Qubeys Surre sample is now also on 23andme. He and the other Surre (Cabdalla) sample only link up at Maha Dir according to clan folklore and are currently grouped together on the YFull tree. If the preliminary analysis is correct, then a new subclade will be created for the 2 Surre samples.

View attachment 182886

@Awbarre

Thanks for the guidance thread on how to upload. The Qubeys Surre sample is now also on 23andme. He and the other Surre (Cabdalla) sample only link up at Maha Dir according to clan folklore and are currently grouped together on the YFull tree. If the preliminary analysis is correct, then a new subclade will be created for the 2 Surre samples.

Does it tell you the timeline between the subclans ?

Last edited:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Does it tell you the timeline but the subclans ?

Do we have any info on the T among Hawiyes? There was a study a while back where a Hawiye dude in Jabuuti completely stood out from the Isaaqs and Dirs with T:

4mKBN33.jpg

Made me think he might have possessed a more native Horn form of T-L208 like what's found in Sudan and Ethiopia.

Do we have any info on the T among Hawiyes? There was a study a while back where a Hawiye dude in Jabuuti completely stood out from the Isaaqs and Dirs with T:

4mKBN33.jpg

Made me think he might have possessed a more native Horn form of T-L208 like what's found in Sudan and Ethiopia.

No that's a surprising actually. I've never heard of a Hawiye getting a T result. I thought it only showed up in Dir and Isaaq. :ohhh:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
No that's a surprising actually. I've never heard of a Hawiye getting a T result. I thought it only showed up in Dir and Isaaq. :ohhh:

No one knows the actual sub clan of Hawiye that was tested. There are some possible theories (1) he's a sheegada from a Dir group, (2) could be fiqishini who tend to inhabit Eastern Somaliland ( and who show up as T), (3) could be karanle (from Ethiopia which have not been widely tested), (4) perhaps some hawiye sub-clan with origins from the south that came as a part of an earlier migration (hence a much older T subclade than those found in the North). I know @anonimo will swear up and down that Hawiye's aren't tested enough to make any claims but my theory is most are EV32 which is what's in line with the results I've seen on 23andme so far.

View attachment 182886

@Awbarre

My pleasure bro.

Do you think that there will be new subclades that emerge? How can we find out more about when the Isaaq-Gadabursi-Ciise split? Will there be more updates?

It would be good if an Ciise did the FullY aswell.

No one knows the actual sub clan of Hawiye that was tested. There are some possible theories (1) he's a sheegada from a Dir group, (2) could be fiqishini who tend to inhabit Eastern Somaliland ( and who show up as T), (3) could be karanle (from Ethiopia which have not been widely tested), (4) perhaps some hawiye sub-clan with origins from the south that came as a part of an earlier migration (hence a much older T subclade than those found in the North). I know @anonimo will swear up and down that Hawiye's aren't tested enough to make any claims but my theory is most are EV32 which is what's in line with the results I've seen on 23andme so far.

Wait, fiqishini have tested as T-M70?

Its still early to tell, if, they are all T, or just some outliers. I have one as a relative on 23andme.
He is from the UK.

I would like to know from our beesha T family from 23andme in here, if we are talking about the same
guys or just one guy. I am E-v32 and i have 1 figishini T.

My pleasure bro.

Do you think that there will be new subclades that emerge? How can we find out more about when the Isaaq-Gadabursi-Ciise split? Will there be more updates?

It would be good if an Ciise did the FullY aswell.

A Samaron sample or two would probably highlight a split between the Isaaqs and Samarons. According to Esteban, the Ciise-Isaaq/Samaron split is not that great in comparison to the Surre sample he analysed.

Yes, it would be very useful to have an Ciise sample. If you know of any Ciise T's who are interested, please encourage them to take the test.

Trending

Latest posts