YFull Discussion Thread

So I got an email informing me that my preliminary results are: T-FGC92488 (https://www.yfull.com/tree/T-FGC92488/).

However, they said it's not fully ready yet and that analysis is still in progress.

My clan is Dir, Gadaboursi, Reer Ugaas (Makahil) and my family are from Awdal/Fafan/Harawo.

As Don Esteban predicted, the Samaron will cluster with the Isaaq. The Ciise will also not be far off if the hypothesis proves to be true.

Y'all are the torch bearers of our lineage among the Somali ethnic group. One Effin big Founder Effect.

As Don Esteban predicted, the Samarian will cluster with the Isaaq. The Ciise will also not be far off if the hypothesis proves to be true.

Y'all are the torch bearers of our lineage among the Somali ethnic group. One Effin big Founder Effect.

I feel honoured! Thanks it was a long journey to get this test done but it was about time.

I feel honoured! Thanks it was a long journey to get this test done but it was about time.

No, thank you bro. With Soph's male relative sample, you might have a Samaron TMRCA.

There is hopefully a Surre sample to come soon, and other Isaaq samples.

Ciise, Gurgura etc. samples would expand our subclade tree. Hopefully, they get tested.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Thanks for posting your preliminary results. We're both Makahil but I'm Yonis Muuse. I would like to see the brothers: Aden, Jibril, Nour and Ali Yonis with their results. As the story goes Nour is the youngest. I'm eager to see other Makahil subclans more broadly.

Let's not forget arm twisting Mahad Case sub clans (@awdalite) and Habar Afan sub clans for samples.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Like @anonimo said I think Gadabuursi/Samaroon may have their own TMRCA.

My family's results may drop sometime this summer, Insh'Allah.

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.
I don't know what to say for the moment, if your final result is still like that i'm going to be very confused :ftw9nwa:. A tmrca of 1kybp between Gadabuursi and Isaaq is something I never thought about.

I don't know what to say for the moment, if your final result is still like that i'm going to be very confused :ftw9nwa:. A tmrca of 1kybp between Gadabuursi and Isaaq is something I never thought about.

The TMRCA will probably change IMO and the tree further split. Until the final update, we are none the wiser though.

You could provide a clue nonetheless.

On FTDNA, are you matched with the Samaron 100 Str sample? If so, how distant/closely are you matched to him in comparison to the Isaaq samples. He's not one of my matches as I am not closely related to him when I use the FTDNA matching service.

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.
The TMRCA will probably change IMO and the tree further split. Until the final update, we are none the wiser though.

You could provide a clue nonetheless.

On FTDNA, are you matched with the Samaron 100 Str sample? If so, how distant/closely are you matched to him in comparison to the Isaaq samples. He's not one of my matches as I am not closely related to him when I use the FTDNA matching service.
I didn't. I matched with all the Isaaqs and another individual that got his results 6 days ago. I assume he is also Isaaq.

Apollo

VIP
@Alexis

Does Awbarre form a new subclade with any of the other samples (preliminary results?) or does he lack any of the SNPs? Kind of odd he has the exact same SNP level/subclade level as all the other SL samples. 🤔

I didn't. I matched with all the Isaaqs and another individual that got his results 6 days ago. I assume he is also Isaaq.

In that case, I reckon there will be separate Isaaq and Samaron branches, and maybe a new subclade that identifies their closer relationship to each other than they are to the Surre sample.

The above is obviously based on the assumed premise that Awbarre's results are similar to the Samaron sample on FTDNA.

The guy that got his results six days ago, is it Big Y or an STR test?

I think they update the live tree weekly. So maybe next week we can see preliminary stuff.

YFull seems slower than before. On the SNP matches section, they no longer show how many SNP's you match with X and Y. Previously, you could get a rough idea as they analysed samples.

@Alexis

I have an idea. Bro, please look at the STR matches option on Yfull and look at who your closest matches are. If they have already done an STR comparison for Awbarre, much easier to do, you will be able to see how distant or close Awbarre is to you STR wise.

YFull seems slower than before. On the SNP matches section, they no longer show how many SNP's you match with X and Y. Previously, you could get a rough idea as they analysed samples.

@Alexis

I have an idea. Bro, please look at the STR matches option on Yfull and look at who your closest matches are. If they have already done an STR comparison for Awbarre, much easier to do, you will be able to see how distant or close Awbarre is to you STR wise.

Update

They are now showing number of SNP's matched. Feery Feery close between the Waqooyi brothers as things stand, but they are still analysing.

haha i was also surprised he did not get another New separate SNP. So this means, Isaaq and Gadabuurse are cluster closer than the other Dirs like @anonimo's hypothesis.

haha i was also surprised he did not get another New separate SNP. So this means, Isaaq and Gadaniirse are cluster closer than the other Dirs like @anonimo's hypothesis.

I cannot claim the credit for this.

Don Esteban deserves all the glory for work done on our lineage, I am merely a humble messenger.

Awbarre might get another SNP to identify his lineage. The analysis has just started. It is possible that the T-FGC92488 tree will be split to show the difference between the Samaron and Isaaq individuals if there are certain SNP's that are not shared by Awbarre but present among the Isaaqs etc.

Trending