"Atheism Has a Suicide Problem"

Atheism Has a Suicide Problem
Staks Rosch, Contributor
Staks Rosch is a vocal atheist, humanist, progressive, and Jedi

This is serious. If you or a loved one are struggling, you might wanna use this resource

m2_suicide_web-1in5.jpg

I don't think there is anything wrong with it, as long as they're an adult, they should have the right to end their life.

But this is just a dig at athiests so whatever.

I don't think there is anything wrong with it, as long as they're an adult, they should have the right to end their life.

But this is just a dig at athiests so whatever.

No, suicide is definitely wrong. Islamically, there is no question that suicide is haraam.

I don't think that we should promote the idea that suicide is okay. I think it is a horrible idea to promote that but it shows how dangerous atheism is. For Muslims, there is no question that suicide is haraam.

But for atheists- they're liable to think anything is okay and so they might defend atheism, criminality, bestiality, and who knows what.

They have oppressed themselves by first of all disbelieving in their lord, second of all they commited suicide.

1. They had a rubbish life in the dunya
2. They will face eternal punishment

But whosoever turns away from My Reminder (i.e. neither believes in this Quran nor acts on its orders, etc.) verily, for him is a life of hardship, and We shall raise him up blind on the Day of Resurrection”

[Ta-Ha 20:124].

I remember reading some scholars saying arrogance can be likened to kufr because of its immense damage.

Dad links son's suicide to 'The God Delusion'

terrible stuff. Young people especially have to be protected against atheist propaganda. Your kid gets exposed to atheist propaganda and gets brainwashed and then what?

Drugs, criminality, inappropriate relationships, even possibly suicide- young people have to be protected against such stuff.

If you raise your kids in the West, I recommend at least homeschooling them. People will try to scare you out of it by saying your kids won't socialize and will be unhappy but that is not correct. I knew people from Christian families who were homeschooled and they seemed actually much happier and healthier than the other kids, more wholesome and they were staunch Christians. I don't agree with Christianity specifically but I think an environment where a young person is encouraged to be Muslim is better than an environment that presses them into all kinds of destructive attitudes and behavior. I think it's better that they be taught it's cool to be a Muslim than to be taught it's "cool" to do drugs and do things they shouldn't be involved in.

No, suicide is definitely wrong. Islamically, there is no question that suicide is haraam.

I don't think that we should promote the idea that suicide is okay. I think it is a horrible idea to promote that but it shows how dangerous atheism is. For Muslims, there is no question that suicide is haraam.

But for atheists- they're liable to think anything is okay and so they might defend atheism, criminality, bestiality, and who knows what.

Well i'm not Muslim so I don't see anything wrong with it. Dying and never having to deal with any bullshit ever again sounds nice. Not really comparable to criminality and bestiality at all. Not everyone is cut out for life.

Well i'm not Muslim so I don't see anything wrong with it. Dying and never having to deal with any bullshit ever again sounds nice. Not really comparable to criminality and bestiality at all. Not everyone is cut out for life.

Dn-EacSU4AAFrmP.jpg

This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah -
Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them,
And who believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith].

Surah Al-Baqarah 2: 2-4

So the Quran guides people who are certain about the Hereafter (Akhirah).

We need to fulfill all the criteria that are laid out in that part of Surah Al-Baqarah

-Having Taqwa (being conscious of Allah)
-Belief in the Unseen
-Establish prayer
-Spend in the path of Allah
-Belief in the previous revelations
-Being certain about the Hereafter

If you are struggling and things are difficult to the point that you are making posts that promote or glorify suicide- obviously, that is very serious. Who can help you is Allah.

You may believe that death is like going to sleep and never waking up but that is not the truth. Death is a transition. Death is not the end of a person's existence. And suicide is particularly a bad way to go.

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Whoever kills himself with a piece of iron, his piece of iron in his hand will be thrust into his stomach in the fire of Hell forever and ever. Whoever drinks poison and kills himself, he will consume it in the fire of Hell forever and ever. Whoever throws himself off a mountain and kills himself, he will tumble into the fire of Hell forever and ever.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 5442, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 109

Grade: Muttafaqun Alayhi (authenticity agreed upon) according to Al-Bukhari and Muslim

Cerberus

I started my own security company Cerberus.
VIP
Dn-EacSU4AAFrmP.jpg

This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah -
Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them,
And who believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith].

Surah Al-Baqarah 2: 2-4

So the Quran guides people who are certain about the Hereafter (Akhirah).

We need to fulfill all the criteria that are laid out in that part of Surah Al-Baqarah

-Having Taqwa (being conscious of Allah)
-Belief in the Unseen
-Establish prayer
-Spend in the path of Allah
-Belief in the previous revelations
-Being certain about the Hereafter

If you are struggling and things are difficult to the point that you are making posts that promote or glorify suicide- obviously, that is very serious. Who can help you is Allah.

You may believe that death is like going to sleep and never waking up but that is not the truth. Death is a transition. Death is not the end of a person's existence. And suicide is particularly a bad way to go.

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Whoever kills himself with a piece of iron, his piece of iron in his hand will be thrust into his stomach in the fire of Hell forever and ever. Whoever drinks poison and kills himself, he will consume it in the fire of Hell forever and ever. Whoever throws himself off a mountain and kills himself, he will tumble into the fire of Hell forever and ever.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 5442, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 109

Grade: Muttafaqun Alayhi (authenticity agreed upon) according to Al-Bukhari and Muslim

And this is why we Muslims don't kill eachother. Suicide rates are the lowest in Muslim countries.

User, you need to call me so we can discuss ways for you not to jump off that bridge :lolbron:

Kidding.

PS: Whilst some human beings may have reasons to wish death as a way to exit the world and run away from misery, there is a better option to mitigate and change those feelings into a more positive ones.

Trending

Latest posts