Aside from Dhaanto what other dances are there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any other somali dances. Im tired of dhaanto its getting repetitive :bell:

Plus its OGs appropriating oromo culture :mad: :devilish: :icon evil:

come fight me. :gunsmiley:

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Are there any other somali dances. Im tired of dhaanto its getting repetitive :bell:

Here in the states in the future Somali culture is basically gonna die out. I don’t think most 3rd and 4th generation Somalis are going to know what dhaanto.

It’s going to be interesting in seeing this change.

I always assumed at weddings Somali music was played only for the older folks(parents generation).
Since they grow up turning up to somali music. I know exactly one person under the age of 21 that seriously likes Somali music. I don’t know anyone else.

Here in the states in the future Somali culture is basically gonna die out. I don’t think most 3rd and 4th generation Somalis are going to know what dhaanto.

It’s going to be interesting in seeing this change.

I always assumed at weddings Somali music was played only for the older folks(parents generation).
Since they grow up turning up to somali music. I know exactly one person under the age of 21 that seriously likes Somali music. I don’t know anyone else.
:bell: this thread wasnt so you could put our race into an existential crisis.....

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
@zeinap83 here are the list of Somali traditional dance aside from Dhaanto.

• Jaandheer
  • Goobile
  • Saylici
  • Istunka
  • Wilwile
  • Botor
  • Hilowle
  • Shirib
  • Walasaqo
  • Buraanbur
  • Gabiley Shimbir
  • Hirwaa
  • Shirib
  • Diisow
  • Wilisiqo

KULTA

f*ck you im from Mudug
They all look the same, the dances. Very boring, lets leave dancing to bantus niiko Madow u daa

If anything, it's the irirs who appropriate not only Oromo culture but identity too:mjlol:

Anyways. there is diisow, Goobile and other Saar genres, originally from Jubbaland and NEP. Niiko is very popular there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending