As Somali Muslims, How Do You Feel About "Abortion"?

Personally, I believe the government shouldn't be involved because that's the woman's civil liberty of whether she chooses that or not. However, whatever that person does will be on their conscious.

I did some research and in Islam it says that the issue is complex.

P.S. I'm African American who's a Centrist.

iskufilann

inactive.
As a Muslim, I believe abortion is wrong but there are other views on it. If you were r*ped then I think it would be allowed. I'm not a scholar so I cannot be certain.

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
Abortion for the sake of abortion is wrong.

However if the person life is indanger then they should be able to get one. If the person is a victim of rape they should be able to get one.

I don't think the argument of poverty would be valid in a sharia run nation because you could always just give it up for adoption or have family help you.

If you was having non-safe sex and got a unwanted pregnancy thats your fault you knew what you was getting into.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ | ๐’–๐’†๐’„A๐’—๐’ƒ ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด
VIP
I had a conversation on this with my Eritrean friend in college and we came to the conclusion that it encourages degeneracy since women can have "free love" without any consequences. Women back before the invention of the pill were much more careful and less promiscuous due to the fact that they can't spend their 20s messing about unless they want 10 different pregnancies and a big family to raise by yourself.
However, we also decided that abortion should be allowed for cases where the woman is in danger, it was the product of r@pe, the woman is under 18.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Abortion for the sake of abortion is wrong.

However if the person life is indanger then they should be able to get one. If the person is a victim of rape they should be able to get one.

I don't think the argument of poverty would be valid in a sharia run nation because you could always just give it up for adoption or have family help you.

If you was having non-safe sex and got a unwanted pregnancy thats your fault you knew what you was getting into.
Itโ€™s is 100% haram to get an abortion over poverty. Nobody forced you to get pregnant or not use protection. Bear the consequences.
:kanyeshrug:

Barni

โš ๏ธ EPILEPTIC WARNING โš ๏ธ
If u wanna get abortions go ahead, but some women be getting abortions like they r taking birth control.

iskufilann

inactive.
Itโ€™s is 100% haram to get an abortion over poverty. Nobody forced you to get pregnant or not use protection. Bear the consequences.
:kanyeshrug:
Apparently from what I have heard, you're allowed to get one if you are financially unstable and therefore means you cannot provide for the child. There are different opinions on this.

Perhaps we could focus upon the root cause of pregnancies rather than trying to debate whether it is permissible, appropriate, or legal. Do not seek to remediate the consequence, but the deed that which leads to abortion.

However, there are cases, as outlined in Islam, where it is permissible, and Islamic scholars in some instances incl. incest etc, and doctors in cases of terminal danger to either mother or child, determine what those are.

So, what research did you do about this to learn about the Islamic stance?

Are you trying to get people with different beliefs to argue on here for your entertainment?

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Apparently from what I have heard, you're allowed to get one if you are financially unstable and therefore means you cannot provide for the child. There are different opinions on this.
Not really sis. They made that up on social media and are just looking for loopholes. Itโ€™s haram in all madhabs. A few obscure scholars allowing it shouldnโ€™t be followed, muslims are supposed to follow the majority. Thereโ€™s also a hadith about if you canโ€™t raise your kids, the community will raise them for you.

I believe abortion should be accessible for every woman regardless of their situation, and the main reason why im sayin this is cuz it will be more safer to get an abortion in a legal and official way than getting it illegally from ppl who aren't trained for this in unregistered clinics.... BUT no matter how you got pregnant, if you start bragging about your abortion(s) i will look DOWN on you and lose all respect for you and wouldn't want to be near you or associated with you in any ways possible

Trending

Latest posts