Artificial Intelligence You Think It Will Happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Does anyone think artificial intelligence is possible in the future? Let's first understand what artificial intelligence is. It's basically robots with human intelligence. I can see that happening in psychosis but they will not have bodies or brains like us but more so mechanical brains or hardware based solutions. You know a mechanical arm vs a normal arm are vastly different in materials and substances. Now how intelligent will they be, that is where artificial intelligence will be measured not SO much ON creating robots.

We can create software that why I know IT will be massive job sector in the future especially in software development for AI and they will create some sort of software which not only captures our words and then processes our word with some sort of CPU processor but then links into some sort of dictionary on the action it should take based on words and inputs that it has translated. So if you say hello get me a cup of coffee, it should take that input, processes in the CPU component of it's brain and then identify how to make a coffee and the steps involved.

Will it have 'awareness' ama a 'ruux' no that is vastly impossible, how do we download our conscious and awareness and transfer it to the robot is just mind boggling. We don't even know what consciousness or awareness is because that is what the soul is. It's awareness, can god transfer awareness from body to body in reincarnation mode till judgement day, I think so. But we simply cannot. We need to create mechanical solutions at best. Mechanical solution is a primitive form of artificial intelligence so don't get worked up for some sort of magic human to speak with like the movies portray.

To get that magic human touch, you need to understand consciousness and awareness, emotions, instincts, and so many other non physical realities. We don't understand how the brain a physical structure has awareness and can experience something, it's mind boggling area the brain study, I really do give it to psychiatrists and psychologists the highest IQ areas in modern studies and not so much physics which is hyped up way to much except time related studies and space studies, the rest of physics is basic average IQ work and deals with matters, chemicals, compounds, elements, and tiny stuff that you can work out quite quick with a bit of study.

BankaTuyo

حيران
It will happen not very far in the future, if it hadn't already and is just hiding. Facebook shutdown to AI bots last year because they made up their own language to communicate and plan shit, and the developers don't know to this day what they said to each other.

I am very skeptical of this whole AI thing, and quite paranoid of it. humans are advancing in this field faster than we can understand the implications and capabilities. if Elon Musk stays awake at night in fear of AI taking over; then we mere peasants should be very afraid.

It's already happened but it has been adopted by rogue elements in the government using it for surveillance systems including facial recognition which looks for patterns in pre crime. This will inevitably impede our free speech. So AI won't be a problem in the future it's a problem now.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It's already happened but it has been adopted by rogue elements in the government using it for surveillance systems including facial recognition which looks for patterns in pre crime. This will inevitably impede our free speech. So AI won't be a problem in the future it's a problem now.

Facial recognition and biometrics is only useful for a small subset of people I think not a wider population. To many people for example a billion people will be crazy to monitor because facial symmetries can be identical, same with eyes. Fingerprint could work though on a large scale roll out as fingerprint is unique to each individual.

Biometrics such as the eye or facial recognition is good for say no more then 5-10 people using it. Biometrics is only useful on safeguarding say a nuke or something where one or two people are allowed to face scan or eye scan and finger print check. It's just not useful across many people cause many people share same face structures, same eye colors and I doubt the level detail to differentiate between eye color is very finite yet, their using just shape or color. It's ok when it gets to finite level where differences can be identified but you would need some pretty high definition shit for that to find like a small differences at finite level like how deep the shade goes to infinity and the camera technology they have isn't that high tech at all.

It's ok for one or two people that are facially scanned. Unless u take their passport or something to cross check but that would be pointless outside in the streets u might as well do the check yourself then.

BankaTuyo

حيران
Facial recognition and biometrics is only useful for a small subset of people I think not a wider population. To many people for example a billion people will be crazy to monitor because facial symmetries can be identical, same with eyes. Fingerprint could work though on a large scale roll out as fingerprint is unique to each individual.

Biometrics such as the eye or facial recognition is good for say no more then 5-10 people using it. Biometrics is only useful on safeguarding say a nuke or something where one or two people are allowed to face scan or eye scan and finger print check. It's just not useful across many people cause many people share same face structures, same eye colors and I doubt the level detail to differentiate between eye color is very finite yet, their using just shape or color. It's ok when it gets to finite level where differences can be identified but you would need some pretty high definition shit for that to find like a small differences at finite level like how deep the shade goes to infinity and the camera technology they have isn't that high tech at all.

It's ok for one or two people that are facially scanned. Unless u take their passport or something to cross check but that would be pointless outside in the streets u might as well do the check yourself then.

I do not know much about the details or the accuracy of Bio-metric systems on a missive scale. but what is very evident in the video and article is the establishment of an Orwellian police state; where freedom of speech is hindered, and privacy is nothing but a concept in history books.

AI is double edged sword it can be a tool for good with limited and supervised usage, or it can easily start a global war with the flick of an switch {physical or logical}.

Big Brother is watching.!!

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
Im currently reading into Artificial Neural Networks and their potential is mind blowing, they can absolutely monitor on a mass scale just need alot of computational processing power to train the model and need consistent data to predict/classify

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
This idea bothers me. It has been bothering me to much to the point i am considering switching my pre med major from biology to biomedical engineering

My university has some sort of biology to bioengineering bridge program which is basically like a 5 year program where you graduate with a bachelors In Biology and a masters in biomedical engineering.

I just found out about this program on Tuesday and actually spoke to advisors about this.
The two major things that are stoping me fro, considering it is
1. I fucking hate calculus. If I joined the program I would have to take cal 2 cal 3 linear algebra. I barely passed cal 1 with a C

2. I need to gain more knowledge on biomedical engineering. I want to see how intersting it is.

BankaTuyo

حيران
This idea bothers me. It has been bothering me to much to the point i am considering switching my pre med major from biology to biomedical engineering

My university has some sort of biology to bioengineering bridge program which is basically like a 5 year program where you graduate with a bachelors In Biology and a masters in biomedical engineering.

I just found out about this program on Tuesday and actually spoke to advisors about this.
The two major things that are stoping me fro, considering it is
1. I fucking hate calculus. If I joined the program I would have to take cal 2 cal 3 linear algebra. I barely passed cal 1 with a C

2. I need to gain more knowledge on biomedical engineering. I want to see how intersting it is.

a daunting challenge indeed, nevertheless i think you'll be on high demand once you graduate, because the medical field and tech will be very intertwined in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending