Argentina opens fire on a Chinese vessel for "illegally fishing"

Status
Not open for further replies.
These Chinese fishing firms are fishing illegally across the globe and are targeting countries whose capabilities they believe are not up to par. However the Argentine's were not putting up with it and their coast guard opened fire.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
If Somali boys were doing the same protecting their territorial waters and subsequently open fire on the illegal fishing boats the world would call them "pirates".

psyche

To each their own
If Somali boys were doing the same protecting their territorial waters and subsequently open fire on the illegal fishing boats the world would call them "pirates".

This just shows how corrupt modern media is when reporting on information.

Last edited:
I understand the sentiment behind that and respect it, however I can't fully agree with the statement. Obviously these illegal waste dumpers and illegal fishing vessels are very bad, but the "pirates" don't behave like a coastguard. They take crews for ransom and target commercial vessels. (not saying I don't agree with their methods of making a living)

In the world politics and media perception is reality. If you slap "Coast guard" titles on the Somali boys and give them some authority they too would be able to shoot at the vessels and detain the crew with impunity and receive no backlash from the international community. However the capacity building isn't at an adequate level at the moment.

I will highlight this issue on social media. Although some pirates really fucked up when they took spoils of victory.

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
What were they expecting? Hugs, blankets, and some hot soup? Good on Argentina for doing this, the L from the Falkland wars has been erased.

I have always respected Latinos. They don't let anyone take advantage of them or push them around.

The Chinese were most likely fishing as a ruse to do something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.